Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files dont last

Local files dont last

On my pc I have added some local files to Spotify and added them to a couple play lists so I can play them on my phone. It all works great, I download/sync them on my phone and can listen to them..... for a while. After about 2-3 days the local files just stop working on my phone. I have no doubt if I load up Spotify on my pc and play the Playlist it will start working again but that's not really helpful when I'm not home. Am I doing something wrong? Does my pc need to be running and have Spotify open for the local Files to work on my phone? Are the local files temporary on the mobile app? It just seems so broken I can't imagine this is working as intended.
4 Replies

If you haven't exceeded yet the limit for offline tracks, it's possible that your device's cache got corrupted. 

To fix this, disconnect all of your offline devices and reinstall your Spotify app. Once done, resync your tunes again. 

If this post was useful
Please add a LIKE

If this solved your issue

Please ACCEPT AS A SOLUTION

You need to sync (download) the local files to your mobile as described here. You should then be able to listen to them even if you are not connected to the internet. You do need a premium subscription to do this by the way.

I don't have premium but my phone is always online.

The local stuff doesn't seem to work if I shut down the Spotify app on my pc, I'm sure it would better if I was premium but at least it works all the time now.

Suggested posts