Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files won't appear in my playlist anymore!

Local files won't appear in my playlist anymore!

Plan

Premium

Country

PH

Device

Xiaomi MI9 (stock rom)

My Question or Issue is that local files (I've marked with a heart/like) won't appear in my "favourite songs" playlist. The file only appears on my Desktop PC, not my phone meaning I can't add songs (that don't exist on spotify) to my phone.

It has always been a sketchy features, sometimes it worked (oftentimes it didn't) and most of the time you needed some weird workaround in order to make it work. Now it's completely broken: I can't add my own music into my "favourite songs playlist", even if I have them on my phone. 

I really need your help, a very important feature has gone missing here 😞 I really appreciate your help! 

#I've tried basically everything: un-/reinstalling the app, clearing cache/data etc.

2 Replies

Hey, thanks for posting about this. The feature that would match local songs to the Spotify catalog is no longer supported, so currently the only way to add songs to your favorite songs playlist would be to manually find these tracks in the Spotify catalog and save them that way. That said, it is still possible to save local files to other playlists you've created and have them sync to your phone via WiFi as detailed here.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Well I just want Spotify to be my "all in one player" (on my computer as well as my phone) - like detailed here: https://support.spotify.com/de/using_spotify/features/listen-to-local-files/

Problem is that it's impossible to do in any shape or form! Back in the days I could import local files to my phone (via adding them to a playlist and download them) - nowadays this important feature is gone.

Honestly: when my Spotify subscription runs out I think I'm done. There are probably better services than Spotify out there!
Cya! 😕 (I would recommend the same thing to you: look around - this feature removal (nobody asked for) made spotify just half as good.)

Suggested posts