Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lock screen

Lock screen

I have the samsung s7 edge. I will play a song on spotify and the song information will show in the lockscreen, which I do not mind, but when I stop listening the song and close out spotify the song information still shows on the lockscreen. I have to restart my phone to get rid of the information. I have tried disabling the notification from spotify and nothing seems to work. 

8 Replies

Hiya. I have an S7 and I don't get this so can I check I understand correctly?

Are you saying that you unlock the phone, go to recent apps and close spotify from there but the notification still shows on your lock screen?

Sorry Joe,

I had it wrong. I can't stop spotify from showing music on the always on display or the standby screen. I stop playing spotify but the last song played stays on the always on display. I have to restart my phone everytime. 

Ah right. Someone else mentioned this the other day. I only see that if spotify is playing. It vanishes as soon as spotify is paused. Have you tried playing audio from another app such as the stock music player or tunein radio to see if you get the same issue?

I tried amazon music and the music info shows on the always on display and gives me controls on the lock screen. I close out of the music on the lock screen and the music info disappears from the always on display. I think it has something to do with not being able to shuy spotify down. It just allows you to pause the song. My note7 allowed me to close it and did not have this problem. 

You can always close spotify from the recent apps screen but I'm still puzzled as nothing shows on my always on screen even with spotify active but paused. So did you check what happens with amazon music if you pause the music but don't close the app?

If the paused track in Amazon Music displays on the Always on Screen then the issue isn't with spotify. I too miss the close action in the spotify notification but that's another matter.

I figured it out. I had Spotify notifications off for the lock screen. I enabled this feature,now I get the control features on the lock screen,  and now when I pause or shut down(byswiping to the right) from there the music info dissappears. Ohh before I was shutting spotify down by closing recent apps and this would not get rid of the music information. I appreciate your help. 

Make sure you have update your application. if it still not working better to uninstall and install it back. hope this will help

Glad you managed to fix it @squint312 .

Suggested posts