Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Looking for a android media player that is compatible with spotify

Solved!

Looking for a android media player that is compatible with spotify

I'm looking for a Android device that is about the size of a phone with a 4" screen that is not a phone. I'm posting here because my number one thing I want it for is spotify. Im having issues with my phone when It comes to media, but as a phone. So does anyone have any suggestions for a portable media player that is compatible with spotify?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I know you said "not a phone" but I use an old android deactivated phone as a media player.  It streams Spotify over wifi.  It also works  to download albums to the sd card and playback in offline mode.   I specifically didn't trade in my old phone so I could use it as a media player.  You can probably find an old android for cheap on ebay or craigslist.  Maybe not the answer you were looking for, but that's my thought.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

There's really not a lot of choice out there. The two web-enabled sony walkmen probably fit the bill although I think I'd look at the ipod touch if I wanted a portable player.

Marked as solution

I know you said "not a phone" but I use an old android deactivated phone as a media player.  It streams Spotify over wifi.  It also works  to download albums to the sd card and playback in offline mode.   I specifically didn't trade in my old phone so I could use it as a media player.  You can probably find an old android for cheap on ebay or craigslist.  Maybe not the answer you were looking for, but that's my thought.

I would definitely go for an iPod Touch if you have the money!

If you are buying one second hand though, make sure its at least a 4th generation one (which supports up to iOS 6) as the latest Spotify application for iOS is only supported on iOS 6 and 7. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm amazed we didn't trigger the profanity filter by mentioning iPods in the android section!

@jwylot wrote:

I'm amazed we didn't trigger the profanity filter by mentioning iPods in the android section!

I held back on that one, but I know why they said it.

as one posted about using an old android, I found an old 2.2.2 phine and its now my temp spotify player till I can find a better one.

Suggested posts