Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Android head unit

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

Lyrics are not visible in my car's android head unit in when using spotify. Same songs have lyrics in my mobile phone or laptop. When song is playing, player doens't allow me to scroll down like mobile or laptop app allows. In bottom right corner minimize button has no any function.

App is not in car or offline mode. I have tried reinstalling app, clearing cache and logging out without any help.

spotify issue not lyrics.PNG
7 Replies

Hey there @seero11,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, were you previously able to see lyrics in your car? Keep in mind that we officially only support lyrics on mobile and desktop devices, which might be why the lyrics doesn't appear in the car. You can find more info on the lyrics feature here.

We hope this clears things up! Cheers.

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Maria and thanks for reply! Yes, lyrics were visible previosly, something like month or two ago but after last UI update lyrics were gone. Previously song artwork was diplayed much smaller and i was able to scroll view down and acces lyrics.

Now artwork is covering whole screen and i can only swipe right/left to change song.

Hi there @seero11,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

As @Maria mentioned above, the Lyrics feature is currently only available in mobile and desktop devices. Keep in mind that it isn't available when connected to a car's head unit as this could be a potential safety hazard.

If you need a hand with anything else, we'll be here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello,

Its standalone android unit with spotify installed from app store, I dont need to mirror my phone to that. I only share hotspot to get wifi for head unit. See attached video. Displayed song has lyrics in my mobile phone but not in car's head unit. Also app crashes if i hit min/max button in corner.

Hi there @seero11,

Thanks for keeping in touch. 

At the moment, the lyrics feature is only available on mobile devices and the Web Player. If you were able to see the lyrics before, we'd recommend making sure the head unit is up-to-date. Additionally, you can delete and re-add the Spotify app on it and check if that helps with the crashing situation.

On another note, we'd like to get more info about the head unit and the car. Could you let us know the exact car model? Also, what is the Android version? and does it use Android Auto?

We'll be here.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Susan

Model of head unit is Junsun V1 Plus 825x_pro. It has Android 12 version and everything should be up to date. Reinstalling spotify app didn't unfortunately change anything.

I have similar head unit, one step older model though, in my another car and lyrics are visible on that one.

Hey there @seero11

Thanks for getting back to us. 

This could be related to some settings on your head unit, so we suggest that you reach out to the manufacturer and check with them if there's anything that might be causing this.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts