Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lyrics not showing (checked other threads)

Solved!

Lyrics not showing (checked other threads)

Plan

Premium Family Plan

Country

Poland

Device

Samsung A71

Operating System

Android 11 (samsung system overlay 3.1) 

account started in 2017 (I noticed that for younger accounts the problem doesn't appear) and I won't switch to another

My Question or Issue

In this thread it's told to contact support if lyrics are not showing (and never have shown before) taking any listed steps (clean reinstall, deleting cache, rebooting, logging off) so here I come.

Also yesterday I logged out of the spotify app because my liked songs (which I liked on PC the same day) weren't showing on artists profiles. After logging back in, the Spotify version was diffrent, older (didn't check which exactly). I reinstalled the app and it's how it's been before logging off  andI liked songs are showing in artists profiles. I don't know if it's important but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Another thing I can mention is that back in the day when Canvas were added there was an option to switch it off and I did. After some time I wanted canvas back but the option in settings disappeared. Few months ago the option was back again and I switched it on and the problem is solved but I'm afraid it could somehow affect mentioned before lyrics. 

I hope you'll do your best. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @amelinda,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that you've had such an experience with some of the features on the Spotify app.

Lyrics was just recently been taken out of it's testing stage, so it's still being rolled out to all accounts. Everyone will have access to this feature eventually, we just can't say specifically when, as we don't have access to that information. What you've read in the other thread holds true, you can reach out to our customer support team who can help you out with Lyrics or with transferring your Music library to a new account.

The Canvas Feature is still in testing and it's currently not available in all countries. This could explain why you were able to see it at some point, but then it disappeared. You can check the following, just in case:

• Data saver must be off in the app settings
  • Canvas must be enabled in the app settings

Regarding the Liked songs - this issue sometimes arises if there is corrupted cache on one of your devices, or you're not running the latest app version. I'd recommend always keeping you app up to date, and occasionally running a clean reinstall of the app making sure to clear all app data and cache before reinstalling. You can follow this Guide.

What I'd recommend is creating a new free account and checking whether you can see Lyrics and Canvas there. If so, you can reach out to customer support so that they can help you with transferring your data over. It might seem tedious, but it's quite a fast process and your new account will feel exactly like the old one.

Hope this info helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @amelinda,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that you've had such an experience with some of the features on the Spotify app.

Lyrics was just recently been taken out of it's testing stage, so it's still being rolled out to all accounts. Everyone will have access to this feature eventually, we just can't say specifically when, as we don't have access to that information. What you've read in the other thread holds true, you can reach out to our customer support team who can help you out with Lyrics or with transferring your Music library to a new account.

The Canvas Feature is still in testing and it's currently not available in all countries. This could explain why you were able to see it at some point, but then it disappeared. You can check the following, just in case:

• Data saver must be off in the app settings
  • Canvas must be enabled in the app settings

Regarding the Liked songs - this issue sometimes arises if there is corrupted cache on one of your devices, or you're not running the latest app version. I'd recommend always keeping you app up to date, and occasionally running a clean reinstall of the app making sure to clear all app data and cache before reinstalling. You can follow this Guide.

What I'd recommend is creating a new free account and checking whether you can see Lyrics and Canvas there. If so, you can reach out to customer support so that they can help you with transferring your data over. It might seem tedious, but it's quite a fast process and your new account will feel exactly like the old one.

Hope this info helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts