Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Marantz 1605 sudden disconnect after 2 sec song play

Solved!

Marantz 1605 sudden disconnect after 2 sec song play

Sudden this weekend Marantz 1605 cannot play songs selected from my Asus android 5.0.1.

Was working always fine, but now Marantz connect, start the song for 2 seconds and strean stops. Guess it crashes when try to load cover from Spotify.

It tells " connecting..." then disconnect completely. Screen goes black as if spotify app on marantz shutdown.

Tried on different tabs, but looks like some spotify server issue.

Marantz is latest sw ver.

Tested with my PS4 and that works ok, so what goes wrong on spotify side?

55 Replies

... also on DENON DNP-730AE 😞

Same here on a nr1605, found out yesterday.

when I connect to spotify connect it plays for 2 to 10 seconds and then resets the network interface on my Marantz.

Same issue here. Denon AVR-X1100W.

Oficial spotify statement/response when they are going to fix it or notothousands of users would be welcome

Here reply when I delivered feedback to Spotify what is working now close with Marantz for a fix:

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Spotify.

Just to let you know we are looking into your issue and working on a fix. We will get back to you as soon as we know more.

Here another NR1605 affected! Waiting for a solution....

I've had the same problems on my NR1606.
But today i received an Spotify Update on my android phone. And all seems to be OK now.

Have listenend to 10 diffrent song now. Even shutdown my receiver and put it back on and connected to spotify connect.
And played 2 songs without any problem

Hope this wil stay this way.

Same here, but it works also with old versions of Spotify.

So it seems they fixed the issue on server side.

Finally good sound as ps4 is **bleep** to listen if you get used to Marantz 

Hello,

After update Spotify in my tablet android, my Marantz SR5009 still not
working with Connect ...

😠

The app update has nothing to do with it. I control my Marantz SR5009 mostly from the Spotify app on my PC, and it started working now as well.

Hey, I just got the new Spotify update and Spotify Connect works fine. Good work! Seems that they found a solution to fix the bug.

My equipment: Denon AVR-7200WA and Spotify App installed on Samsung S4 Active; Android 5.01; Germany

Try to force Spotify to shutdown in the android app manager and then restart the app.
Marked as solution

Problem has been fixed! Works fine now! I have tested Macbook and iPhone with Marantz 1605 =D

Yeah, for me also works fine (marantz na6005) after updating Spotify to 3.5.0.963 (may be irrelevant, not sure)

At first it stalled again when I played direct via the i-phone app.

Switched everything off and started spotify on my mac and that works now.

I have no new spotify app on my i-phone. Will test that later.

I think you don't need any updates. For me it started working without any
action from my side... Apart from writing to Denon and Spotify...

Suggested posts