Menu changed out of no where

Solved!
Highlighted

Menu changed out of no where

lawlcatcorp
Casual Listener
The menu when I long press or click the three dot icon next to a song, has changed out of nowhere. Previously most if not all the options in it could fit in one page, but now I have to scroll down to find the "add to queue", and sometimes it doesn't register the button press.

It previously looked like the horizontal screenshot I attached, and currently it's the other one.
I logged in on my friend's account on this device, and the menu was normal. I tried uninstalling and updating, no luck.
Screenshot_20170325-205614.png
433406-spotify-long-press-to-options.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Menu changed out of no where

Joe
Community Legend

Hey @lawlcatcorp. It seems that recent releases of spotify no longer work as they should if you have a blue light filter enabled. Until they fix this, your only solution is to turn the filter off.

5 Replies

turtles
Music Fan
I came here because the worst part is the menu does not load if you're offline. So I can't "add to up next" when I'm offline even though the song is downloaded.

That is a MAJOR regression in functionality. Its ridiculous for the menu to not open while offline, or at least ridiculous not to have a way to add to queue/up next while offline.

I'm guessing this happen because it tries to load album art. Just give me the menu without the art of I'm offline.....
Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

Hey @lawlcatcorp. It seems that recent releases of spotify no longer work as they should if you have a blue light filter enabled. Until they fix this, your only solution is to turn the filter off.

lawlcatcorp
Casual Listener
Thanks for the answer, now the buttons work again!
I wish I could get the old menu back though.

Joe
Community Legend

It should have reverted to the correct menu after disabling the filter. Try restarting your mobile.

lawlcatcorp
Casual Listener
Closing Spotify from the apps menu and rebooting my phone didn't fix the menu unfortunately.
SUGGESTED POSTS