Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Playlists] Add options "three vertical dots" icon for Daily Mixes in Android

I think it's actually a bug. In iPhone and my Mac, when I go to a Daily Mix, I can see the three dots icon in which I can "Got to playlist radio", "Sahre", etc. Why doesn't that icon show up in Android?

• Casual Listener
  • I think it's actually a bug.   In iPhone and my Mac, when I go to a Daily Mix, I can see the three dots icon in which I can "Got to playlist radio", "Sahre", etc. Why doesn't that icon sh...
  • lusop
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Fire TV Volume Normalization

There is an option on the desktop to play songs at the same volume. It seems to work fabulously. However, I can not find the same option on my fire TV (2nd gen). As the Fire TV has it's own volume problems, this makes it so some songs I literally can...

• Casual Listener
  • There is an option on the desktop to play songs at the same volume.  It seems to work fabulously.  However, I can not find the same option on my fire TV (2nd gen).  As the Fire TV has ...
  • trex005
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

New, unwanted artist keeps starting the app

Whenever I stop playing and leave the app off, it somehow finds a new, unwanted, and never before heard of artist, starts, the app and whatever I was listening to before goes away. At one point it even interupted when I was listening to something els...

• Whenever I stop playing  and leave the app off, it somehow finds a new, unwanted, and never before heard of artist, starts, the app and whatever I was listening to before goes away. At one point...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium doesn't work on my phone

Hi,I have a account that i activated via an playstation account. It worked fine for a couple of month's, but suddenly it changed to a free account ( no i haven't stopt paying the subscribtion). I activated the premium account again, but it won't chan...

• Hi, I have a account that i activated via an playstation account. It worked fine for a couple of month's, but suddenly it changed to a free account ( no i haven't stopt paying the subscribtion). I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Slow unresponsive android app!

Spotify is testing me.. The android app has been awful for over a month now. Slow, unresponsive and skipping music on 50gb WiFi.Can someone at Spotify please take note. Fix it now or ill take my custom elsewhere.Seriously.. Just fix it already!Yours,...

• Spotify is testing me.. The android app has been awful for over a month now. Slow, unresponsive and skipping music on 50gb WiFi. Can someone at Spotify please take note. Fix it now or ill take my ...
  • phaethor
  • 8 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 9 likes

Playlist order

While using my phone app, if I select a song in one of my playlists, it will automatically put the playlist on shuffle. Is there a way I can set it up for certain playlists that it will not do that? Every now and then it does not shuffle (like right ...

• While using my phone app, if I select a song in one of my playlists, it will automatically put the playlist on shuffle.  Is there a way I can set it up for certain playlists that it will not do ...
  • DaveDenomolos
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Cant select Quality Options.

When I tried to set the quality lever higher the menu appears grey and I cant select anything. Any thoughts? Im registert as a premium user of course...

• When I tried to set the quality lever higher the menu appears grey and I cant select anything. Any thoughts? Im registert as a premium user of course...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile Spotify keeps pausing randomly when hooked to Car Radio Auxiliary.

I have Spotify Premium for Family. I have downloaded the playlists/albums I'm trying to listen to in my car. Phone is in offline mode. I connected my Android phone to the radio using a brand new auxiliary cable. At first, I thought the cable was dama...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify Premium for Family. I have downloaded the playlists/albums I'm trying to listen to in my car. Phone is in offline mode. I connected my Android phone to the radio using a brand new auxi...
  • fanman89
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloaded tracks not saved to library/saving multiple tracks?

Hi, my dad is having a problem with Spotify on his phone. He likes the Discover Weekly feature and downloaded last week's playlist. When it updated this week he wanted to download those tracks too, but now he cannot find any of the tracks he download...

• Hi, my dad is having a problem with Spotify on his phone. He likes the Discover Weekly feature and downloaded last week's playlist. When it updated this week he wanted to download those tracks too, b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lock screen on note 4

Spotify wont appear on my lock screen. I already turned on notifs in settings still nothing.send help

• Spotify wont appear on my lock screen. I already turned on notifs in settings still nothing. send help
  • David_Smith
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

What?! Halp!

I used to have an old account and i used the free trial without entering a credit card(I don't have one) but now I have to enter one before the trial! I just want to listen to soundtracks IN ORDER!! (UnderTale)

• Casual Listener
  • I used to have an old account and i used the free trial without entering a credit card (I don't have one) but now I have to enter one before the trial! I just want to listen to soundtracks IN ORDER!...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

No reproduce las canciones descargadas

Hola, tengo un Xperia z2 y cuenta Spotify premium, desde hace un mes no reproduce las canciones que he descargado, he borrado los datos y reinstalado la aplicación, pero continúa sin funcionar; incluso teniendo Internet full.Que puedo hacer?

• Hola, tengo un Xperia z2 y cuenta Spotify premium, desde hace un mes no reproduce las canciones que he descargado, he borrado los datos y reinstalado la aplicación, pero continúa sin funcionar; inclu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Messages Not Working Right

Hello,My girlfriend and I use Spotify's messaging system in order to communicate. I woke up this morning to see my 'messages' button gone, and I was unabled to send any message to a recipient. I am very frustrated by this, and I'd appreciate any help...

• Visitor
  • Hello, My girlfriend and I use Spotify's messaging system in order to communicate. I woke up this morning to see my 'messages' button gone, and I was unabled to send any message to a recipient. I am...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Censored songs

2017 and still having trouble with censored songsrecently I've been listening to Calle 13 (a latinamerican group) and most of the song are censored with that terrible backward effect!how can I solve that?

• Casual Listener
  • 2017 and still having trouble with censored songs recently I've been listening to Calle 13 (a latinamerican group) and most of the song are censored with that terrible backward effect! how can I so...
  • ConAudifonos
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Some open.spotify.com links not working

My friend and I are both Premium members. She's on an iPhone. I'm on an Android. We send song links (open.spotify.com/track/...) to one another via SMS using the mechanisms in our respective apps. Things have generally been working pretty well. In th...

• My friend and I are both Premium members. She's on an iPhone. I'm on an Android. We send song links (open.spotify.com/track/...) to one another via SMS using the mechanisms in our respective apps. Th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline/Online Premium Issue

Okay so I have got Spotify on an Android (Samsung Galaxy 5) and I am connected to internet (I use the free Spotify version) except it's saying that I need to get premium to listen to music now everytime I press the shuffle play button. I don't unders...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay so I have got Spotify on an Android (Samsung Galaxy 5) and I am connected to internet (I use the free Spotify version) except it's saying that I need to get premium to listen to music now everyt...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Chromecast audio not in normalize volume mode

Hi guysI have some trouble when I conect chromecast audio to avr to playing musicI found Spotify not in normalize volume mode ,and I can't change this setting on my phone,is somebody has the same trouble?English is not my mother language,hope you can...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys I have some trouble when I conect chromecast audio to avr to playing music I found Spotify not in normalize volume mode ,and I can't change this setting on my phone,is somebody has the same...
  • Kenkaikk
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Artists and Playlists not functioning normally on my Samsung

Hi friends! So I'll start by saying I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini.. ancient but still working great aside from Spotify. A few issues: I pay for premium and have access to my songs when I am offline. When I am offline, I only have acess to songs thr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi friends!   So I'll start by saying I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini.. ancient but still working great aside from Spotify.    A few issues:   I pay for premium and have acc...
  • lioralon21
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify becoming more strict?

So usually what I do when it comes to streaming spotify for free is that I will put a song in a play list by itself so when I click shuffle on that play list it usually plays that song straight away but now for some reason when I do that now it will ...

• Casual Listener
  • So usually what I do when it comes to streaming spotify for free is that I will put a song in a play list by itself so when I click shuffle on that play list it usually plays that song straight away ...
  • Coreycdc
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume Issue with Shared Playlist

In the Android latest Android version and latest Spotify version, I noticed a bug today. When playing my friend's shared playlist, the volume was lower than when I was playing my own playlist. My friend had the free version, whereas I have the paid v...

• Casual Listener
  • In the Android latest Android version and latest Spotify version, I noticed a bug today. When playing my friend's shared playlist, the volume was lower than when I was playing my own playlist. My fri...
  • feelikeastrangr
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes