NEXT STEP

Missing Sorting Function since Update 8.5.10.774

Missing Sorting Function since Update 8.5.10.774

Premium Account

Country - Germany

Device - Xiaomi Pocophone F1

Operating System - MIUI Global 10.3.4.0

My Question or Issue

Since the last Spotify update to version 8.5.10.774, the sorting feature for playlists is completely missing. Not for the songs in a playlist, but for playlists in a folder. Even if not all playlists fit on a screen (at least in this case, there was a sorting option). I used to be able to find a specific playlist after the first letter because the playlists were sorted alphabetically. It will now sort automatically, depending on which playlist I played last. At the top are playlists that were played before the last time. I have 50 playlists in a folder. After a while, when I played some of them, there is absolute chaos in this folder. If I want to find a playlist, I have to search the entire folder for it (alphabet does not work like in the past).

This thing with limited sorting was already frustrating enough for me. But at least I had the hope that this will improve and eventually come an update, where this is fixed. Instead, Spotify ignores all the massive dissatisfaction around this topic (I'm not the only one who has problems with that) and shun the sorting feature altogether! Facepalm. Meanwhile, I'm so desperate about the thing that I'm already considering switching to an alternative music streaming service

2 Replies

I thought I had this same problem, but figured out how to fix it. Go to your Library and the playlists. Drag the playlists down a bit to reveal the Find box. To the right of the find box, click on the "Filters" button. That gives you the sort by option. 

I was getting mad because I have hundreds of playlists and they're useless if i can't sort them alphabetically. I went and searched spotify's online help section but they still have instructions for the old design. I really don't get what's better about the new design, it seems worse in every way. But as long as I can still sort playlists i'll live with it. 

I thought so too. But if I tap on the "Filter" button, it just does not happen. And that does not change even if I reinstall the app. Is that maybe a bug?

Suggested posts