Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Carter158
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • iavned
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Cuando quiero compartir canciones o álbumes se me cierra la aplicación

Hace días que quiero compartir canciones o álbumes por cualquier red social y al apretar compartir se me cierra la aplicación

• Hace días que quiero compartir canciones o álbumes por cualquier red social y al apretar compartir se me cierra la aplicación
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 21 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 15 likes

[Android] Why is so hard to implement a queue that works like a queue?

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceGalaxy 7Operating SystemAndroid The Add to Queue function in Android Devices is messy and confusing and apparently people at Spotify don't pay attemption on what paying customers think about this. Everybody in every part...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Galaxy 7 Operating System Android     The Add to Queue function in Android Devices is messy and confusing and apparently  people at Spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Privacy issues

So I love the fact that Spotify is a music streaming service + social media (if one chooses so). If that's the case there needs to be some privacy option in place.I love the social option and have been fortunate enough to not have issues with it. Lat...

• Casual Listener
  • So I love the fact that Spotify is a music streaming service + social media (if one chooses so). If that's the case there needs to be some privacy option in place. I love the social option and have ...
  • vikasaldana
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot store my music on SD card

Plan: PremiumCountry: US DeviceMotorola x4 - brand new12 gb free internal 60+ gb free sdOperating SystemAndroid Oreo - updated to latest What I've tried:Deleting cache, deleting data, deleting both, deleting them in different orderClean Re-installFor...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country:  US   Device Motorola x4 - brand new 12 gb free internal 60+ gb free sd Operating System Android Oreo - updated to latest   What I've tried: ...
  • Dishwasher
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs won't add to queue

When I add songs to the queue it pops up saying they have been added but they don't appear in the queue at all. I don't have any issues with the web or desktop player. PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceNexus 5Operating SystemAndroid Cheers!

• Casual Listener
  • When I add songs to the queue it pops up saying they have been added but they don't appear in the queue at all. I don't have any issues with the web or desktop player.   Plan Premium Country...
  • naeverick
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to Share Any Songs...

PlanPremiumCountrySingaporeDeviceSamsung Note 8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo 8 My Question or Issue I don't know when it started but just yesterday when I wanted to share a song to WhatsApp via Spotify, the app either reloaded back to the home page or...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Singapore Device Samsung Note 8 Operating System Android Oreo 8   My Question or Issue   I don't know when it started but just yesterday when I wanted to sha...
  • defunct32
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

can't share songs

PlanPremiumCountry United States of AmericaDevice(Google Pixel 2) My Question or Issue I just got a Google Pixel 2, but for some reason I can't share songs with anyone on it. When I press share, the app just closes. Is there a way to fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States of America Device (Google Pixel 2)   My Question or Issue  I just got a Google Pixel 2, but for some reason I can't share songs with anyone ...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Liked from radio playlist disappeared

Plan fsmilyFree/PremiumCountry Android8 Rca maven pro I had a collection of songs on my liked from radio playlist and I just changed it's title to another playlist name and now I have no liked from radio list. When I like new stuff on radio it highli...

• Roadie
  • Plan fsmily Free/Premium Country     Android8  Rca maven pro   I had a collection of songs on my liked from radio playlist and I just changed it's title to another playl...
  • coalminecanary
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue is not working

Cannot add songs to queue, while adding them they not appear on the queue list.Latest Spotify version, tried to reinstall , didn't help.Please assist, frustrated DeviceOP3T, Samsung Galaxy tab s2Operating SystemOreoPremium Plan

• Casual Listener
  •   Cannot add songs to queue, while adding them they not appear on the queue list. Latest Spotify version, tried to reinstall , didn't help. Please assist, frustrated    Device OP...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Volume goes down in background automatically

PlanPremiumCountry BrazilDeviceLenovo Moto Z2 PlayOperating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or Issue When I'm running Spotify in the background and open any other app the songs volume goes down (feels like 50% less) and the only way to turn it back t...

• Plan Premium Country  Brazil Device Lenovo Moto Z2 Play Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue  When I'm running Spotify in the background and open any other a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Repeat button moved from now playing screen

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceGoogle Pixel 2Operating SystemAndroid I just updated to Android version 9, and my Spotify version is 8.4.67.886 armV7. Today when I went to play some music, I noticed some interface changes. Specifically on the Playing scr...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device Google Pixel 2 Operating System Android   I just updated to Android version 9, and my Spotify version is 8.4.67.886 armV7. Today when I went t...
  • dbeeve2707
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 18 likes

Sharing playlists or Songs doesn't work anymore!

Hello,I cant share any playlist or Song anymore I can share nothing. Everytime I tap the three dots and then "share", spotify just closes. Every **bleep** time. The only thing I "changed" is that I used a Service from soundiiz.com to transfer a playl...

• Hello, I cant share any playlist or Song anymore  I can share nothing. Everytime I tap the three dots and then "share", spotify just closes. Every **bleep** time.  The only thing I "chang...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Music stops randomly

Music stops/pause playing randomly, sometimes it works for 10 minutes and sometimes for 5 hours. This is happening on 5 devices.I've got a family premium sub. and everyone has the same problem.This happends with both offline and online mode.The phone...

• Music stops/pause playing randomly, sometimes it works for 10 minutes and sometimes for 5 hours. This is happening on 5 devices. I've got a family premium sub. and everyone has the same problem...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Music
    pause
    paused
    random
    randomly
    stop
    stops
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify refreshes when I try to share a song

Whenever I try to share a song from spotify, the app refreshes and replays the songPlanFree/PremiumDeviceOnePlus3Operating SystemAndriod 8.0.0/OxygenOS 5.0.4

• Whenever I try to share a song from spotify, the app refreshes and replays the song Plan Free/Premium Device OnePlus3 Operating System Andriod 8.0.0/OxygenOS 5.0.4  
  • jymrbnty
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

How to stop in-app popup?

I'm using the mobile app on Android and every time I login, i get a popup of some random songs promotion with a very small close button designed to make it harder for you to close, so they would maximize clicks (CTR), how do I disable this? I can't f...

• Regular
  • I'm using the mobile app on Android and every time I login, i get a popup of some random songs promotion with a very small close button designed to make it harder for you to close, so they would maxi...
  • iEslam
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Sharing option disabled

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8 plusOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue When I try to share a song the app crashes, everything else is working OK

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  UK Device Samsung Galaxy S8 plus Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  When I try to share a song the app crashes, everything else ...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Music Downloading

I am not able to Download Music and store it on an SD cardPlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceLG Stylo 2 PlusOperating SystemAndroid Nougat or 7.0 My Question or Issue I cannot Download music to listen to offline on my SD card

• I am not able to Download Music and store it on an SD card Plan Premium Country United States Device LG Stylo 2 Plus Operating System Android Nougat or 7.0   My Question or Issue &nbs...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Download issue
    sd card
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All kind of problems in Android app

PlanFreeCountry SpainDeviceMotorola idk what elseOperating SystemI'm not sure lol My Question or Issue Ayo, I have come here because I am pretty fed up with the way the Android app is treating me. I had been using the Android app around May earlier t...

• Not applicable
  • Plan Free Country  Spain Device Motorola idk what else Operating System I'm not sure lol   My Question or Issue  Ayo, I have come here because I am pretty fed up with the way...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify fecha ao compartilhar

Toda vez que eu clico em compartilhar alguma musica ou ate mesmo no meu perfil o aplicativo trava e logo fecha. Sempre, não consigo compartilhar nada no spotifyPlanPremiumCountryBrasilDeviceAsus zenfone 4Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0

• Regular
  • Toda vez que eu clico em compartilhar alguma musica ou ate mesmo no meu perfil o aplicativo trava e logo fecha. Sempre, não consigo compartilhar nada no spotify Plan Premium Country Brasil Devic...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 33 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 33 replies
  • 16 likes

Problem searching music even with wifi connected. I have a Galaxy S8.

PlanPremiumCountry SpainDeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or Issue Even with wifi connected i can't search music. Message appear is: your aren't connected to internet. I tried erasing cache memory from spotify and the cell...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Spain Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue  Even with wifi connected i can't search music. Message appear is: your ...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes