Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing albums/artists/songs only on android device

Solved!

Missing albums/artists/songs only on android device

This issue just occured today.  Only one album which I added today on a desktop PC is in my mobile device library. All other albums/songs/artists do not come up im 'my music' on my HTC M8 with spotify v 2.6.0.813. If I add a new album on the desktop or in the app, it appears on the mobile. The 100+ albums that were in my collection this morning do not show up in the app on my android.  However they do show up in the desktop application.  Any suggestions to regain access to my collection from my mobile without removing and readding my whole collection?

Playlists are not affected but downloaded albums are no longer accessible.  If I go to an album I had saved using my desktop, the album is marked as 'saved'. If I access that same album from my android device, it is not 'saved' nor downloaded, I can then click 'save' and it is back in my android collection.

Please help!  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm having the exact same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S4, Spotify version 2.6.0.813. I tried logging out and back in to no avail, and I know that I'm logged in on the right account because my laptop is playing and I can see the songs on my phone through Connect. I tried sending an email to support, but it referred me to an old problem that only affected users who made accounts before September 2011, which does not apply to me. It'd be nice to have my music back on the device I use most to listen to it!

Update: my friend recommended that I try un installing the app and reinstalling it. I tried this and it worked, my whole library is back. Very simple fix

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

I'm having the exact same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S4, Spotify version 2.6.0.813. I tried logging out and back in to no avail, and I know that I'm logged in on the right account because my laptop is playing and I can see the songs on my phone through Connect. I tried sending an email to support, but it referred me to an old problem that only affected users who made accounts before September 2011, which does not apply to me. It'd be nice to have my music back on the device I use most to listen to it!

Update: my friend recommended that I try un installing the app and reinstalling it. I tried this and it worked, my whole library is back. Very simple fix

Suggested posts