Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing music?

Missing music?

I have a Galaxy 7 and I tried to move the app over to my SD card to free up space on my device storage. The files were transferring but the app became unresponsive and I couldn't get it to work. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I thought I have saved was supposed to save. I tried going to songs that I had previously saved and when I click the options for the song it says the song is already saved. 

How can I get my music back in my library? I'm not referring to the playlists but the songs in the library. Also my playlists didn't save. 

5 Replies

How did you move the spotify app to your SD card?

I went through the settings on the phone. I opened up the apps options in the settinga, clicked on the icon for the spotify app, and then clicked the gear icon at the top of the page. Once I did that it opened up Spotifys settings menu and I clicked the storage option.

The option in spotify's settings moves the cache which also contains any downloaded music to SD card. The app stays in internal storage where it belongs. I just wanted to check.

What class of SD card are you using? Is it encrypted? 

My device pretty much crashed earlier and I couldn't get it to come on. When I finally got it to restart all of my songs came back but there is another issue which I can't seem to figure out. 

Under my settings in the app there are certain options that says "unavailable now (such as private session, offline, and gapless playback). I have a premium account so I don't understand why this is happening. 

Screenshot_20171031-234250.png

The options which don't work with spotify connect are greyed out these days. Switch playback to your mobile and they will all be available.

Suggested posts