Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mixtapes stuck on last song

Mixtapes stuck on last song

All my Mixtapes are stuck on the last song and not loading more song as it plays along. All the Mixtapes also haven't changed their songs in a week.

Might have something to do with listening to the Mixtapes through the Desktop Client or Sonos, since they don't support it natively and I had to start them remote via the Android app.

2 Replies

It's a known "feature" that new songs aren't added to the Daily Mix if you play through Spotify connect. It's probably down to the way connect works in adding playlists to the connected device. I imagine this will also prevent the Daily Mix from updating.

Found this quote from spotify support on hoe the mix is updated generally:

"The number of tracks will remain at 15. We understand it's a bit confusing or contradicting since it says more tracks will load as you listen.
If you return to a station within 8 hours, the playlist will pick up where it left off. If the station is inactive for more than 8 hours, the playlist will rearrange and start fresh.
If you’ve been playing your Daily Mix continuously, or played it and hit pause, we won’t shuffle it for you until you actually switch to some other playback context and then return 8 hours later. Keep in mind every 8 hours it doesn’t refresh with new content, but rather shuffle the existing pool (which itself updates weekly).
We refresh the underlying clusters (based on your listening data) once a week.You can use the heart button to save any favorites you discover through Daily Mix."

Hej Joe, thanks for the answer.

You were right. When I play the Mixtape just for a second over the Android device, it starts extending.

But: it is never shuffled. This there are always the exact same 8 songs in the exact same order. Even after loading more songs: always the same, always in the same order.

Good job, spotify, adding another useless feature, while we still cannot remove double entries from playlists....

Suggested posts