Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Easily delete/remove song from playlist

[Mobile] Easily delete/remove song from playlist

Plan: Premium

Operating System: Android

I have multiple 100+ song playlists. On occasion, I'd like to easily delete the song playing from active playlist. Why is a "Remove from Playlist" option not available when I select the three dots?

This appears to be a broadly requested feature. 

15 Replies

Hey there @toddchi

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

The option you describe should normally be available after tapping the three-dots menu of the track - the second in the list is called Remove from this Playlist

In case you can't see this option on Android, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your mobile device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. 

If it doesn’t do the trick, we’ll provide you with further help. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

Good morning,

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, a reinstall did not resolve the
issue. To better illustrate the issue, I opened the software, navigated to
one of my favorite self-created playlists and selected the first song.

Upon hitting play and selecting the three dots, I am provided the options
captured in the attached image. You'll see the option I desire is missing.

Do you have another recommendation? Or perhaps an explanation why I cannot
see the option?

Hey @toddchi

Thanks for getting back to us.

It seems the image you've made didn't successfully attach to your response. Can you please try uploading it once again?

We'll gladly take a look at the screenshot in order to suggest further steps. 

Awaiting your reply. 

Here you go!

Attempting again to reattached image illustrating the absence option.

bac8c0b6-be25-4658-921a-8e527f778195.jpg

No more responses? I always wanted to bring this up because it's not available on Android app. Its available on ipad app though

How is this still a missing feature on Android? The amount of times I've had a song playing/displayed and not had the option to directly remove it from the current playlist is frustrating.

No one has time to open up the playlist and scroll through potentially hundreds of songs until they find the song they're listening to so that they can remove it from there, especially when there's no 'jump to currently playing' button.

Hi folks,

Thanks for your post and feedback about this feature.

It's currently not available on Android. We don't have official information if this option will be made part of the Spotify app on Android, but we've passed your feedback on to the teams working on developing Spotify and making it more user friendly.

For now the only option is to click the 3-dot menu next to the songs and select Remove from this playlist.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Please log the amount of people wanting this feature. It's ridiculous it doesn't have it. 

I do wonder, why on Apple phones, this feature is available, but not on android. Please catch up, it's frustrating!! As a long time paying Spotify user, I plead you to listen to your customers

Hey @onetimetknight,

Thanks for your reply in this thread and welcome 🙂

We really appreciate your feedback; we know you want to make the best out of your listening experience. We suggest checking this idea in which you can find the updates about this.

Even though the status is set as Not right now, it doesn't mean the idea has been rejected; in fact, this was implemented on iOS. We’d suggest adding your vote and subscribing to the idea to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share of this feature on Android. 

Additionally, on the status of the idea you can find a workaround to easily locate and remove songs from a playlist on Android.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Please just implement this for Android. There's threads from 2011 requesting this.

Why is this still not a feature on Android? Frustrating for all of us. Clown town 🤡🤡🤡

Hi,

This feature was first requested over a decade ago. You've had it on iOS for years. Please add it to Android ASAP. You must know it's shameful that you haven't done this yet. It's a basic feature that is doubtlessly uncomplicated to implement. Manually removing songs from playlists is very annoying. There's hardly an excuse. Please get on this. Thank you.

Seriously...if it's on iOS there is no reason to not replicate on Android.  It is a basic function.

Spotify has exited clown town 🙌👌

They updated the adding/removing of songs from playlists for android. It's wonderful and better than I imagined.

Suggested posts