Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Podcasts] Group Session Podcast Desync

[Mobile][Podcasts] Group Session Podcast Desync

I was very excited to listen to a podcast with my wife while she was away on a trip. It is currently not possible with group session. Once we get to an ad, our sessions desync. She will get a different ad than me. Then we start back in the podcast at different times.

4 Replies

Hey there @Vnic1,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Keep in mind that Group sessions currently work for Premium users in the same location, so this could be the reason why it desyncs when your wife is not in the same place as you. 

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, and will make sure to pass it on to the right folks as we always strive to improve our users' experience. 

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here.

Take care 🙂

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have encountered the same issue. It seems completely ridiculous to me that the ads are _counted_ in the scroll time of the actual podcast duration. This design seems not very well thought out, and makes group sessions for podcasts with ads completely impossible. It wouldn't be a problem if there was a subscription level that could remove ads, but since that doesn't exist, this just obviates any usefulness of group sessions for podcasts. I am somewhat surprised that more people haven't raised this complaint!

Hi there @existdissolve,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Have a continued great weekend.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I've had this issue as well. @Novy says this may happen when users are not the in the same place but I've experienced this with another user who is literally about 3 yards away.

Why has this not been fixed in the last two years?

Suggested posts