Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moving to Vodafone

Moving to Vodafone

HI I am thinking about moving to the Vodafone plan and getting the new HTC ONE M8 phone, im happy with my Galaxy s2 and preimuim spoity account on there but i work for Vodafone now so get a great deal. My query is when i move to Vodafone and install Spotify on the and log in with my current details, will this move/cancel the payment for the account as per the Vodafone offer of free Spotify? I have seen a couple of other similar posts but they didnt really answer my questions. 

Is it a simple process?

What are the steps i need to follow to activitae Spotify on the new phone without issues?

Do i have to contact Vodafone/Spotify to ensure i am no longer charged for ther service?

Any advise and steps to take will be appreciated!

Cheers

9 Replies

Hey there @PedroPedro!

Once you get Vondafone's service, you'll receive a text that will explain how to connect your Spotify account and how it works. 🙂 Which will consist of cancelling your current subscription via your subscription page and linking your account to Vondafone. It should be a very simple process. When you cancel you subscription you won't lose any of your music and it's all stored on Spotify's servers. You shouldn't have to contact Spotify after your cancel your subscription to verify it's been canceld - it will show on your subscription page if you are being charged or not. Users that get charged after cancelling their subscription is due to a duplicate account, which you most likely will not run into. You should be just fine! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

I am moving over to Vodafone today so i will advise how i get on!

Hi,

Where abouts on Spotify do I go to cancel my subscription as i cant find it anywhere?

thanks!

Its ok, ive worked it out!

Right, i have cancelled the subscription and says it expires on 11/08, does this mean that i cant sign back in with the vodafone offer until after this date as when i have tried it says doesnt give me the option to log in with the vodafone offer?

Thanks

Yes, your account needs to drop to free before you can activate your Vodafone subscription.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

thanks for the below. Just to clarify, once the subcription cancels on in August i will be able to delete Spotufy from my phone, re-install it and then use the Vodafone Pay option to reactivate the account?

And for now i can still use the accoutn until it drops off in August?

Thanks in advance!

No need to delete apotify. Use up the remaining days of your current subscription then apply the vodaphone premium to the account as Merick explained above.

HI, The swithc over went smoothly, although i did have to txtx Entertainment to 97613 to get the link from Vodafone to allow me to sign up via them to avoid payment otherwise the option is not on there when coming to activate the Premium membership. After that it was a doddle. Thanks again for your help!

Suggested posts