Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple Ongoing Issues with Playback (Stopping, Now Playing Bar and Lock Screen Controls Missing)

Multiple Ongoing Issues with Playback (Stopping, Now Playing Bar and Lock Screen Controls Missing)

For months now I have been unable to solve the following three very annoying issues with playback. I have repeatedly tried all the “standard” fixes I found browsing the forums and searching online: full reinstall, clear cache, log out, restart, etc. Nothing works. Here are the issues, which tend to happen more often (but not exclusively) when playing podcasts, whether online or listening to downloads:

1) Playback stops randomly. I have to unlock my phone and manually resume playback, but this is not always easy because of issues 2 and 3:

2) Now playing bar vanishes. I have no way of controlling playback except to close the app and reopen it; then the now playing bar usually reappears, at least for a while before it vanishes again.

3) Absent or limited controls on lock screen. Either the forward and back buttons are greyed out or the lock screen controls are missing entirely. 

Can anyone help? The app is nearly unusable due to these bugs and I am on the verge of canceling my premium subscription in frustration. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy XCover 4s

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hi @MisterSnrub,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

We'd recommend getting in touch with the folks over at Customer Support since it's possible that there's some caching issue between your device and Spotify and they have the necessary tools to look into it.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts