Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify not showing up in "your music services"

hi, i have an android phone, i had a problem where i couldn't get the google assistant to play anything on spotify, then i went to check if spotify was selected in the "your music services" section under google assistant settings and discovered that ...

• hi, i have an android phone, i had a problem where i couldn't get the google assistant to play anything on spotify, then i went to check if spotify was selected in the "your music services" section u...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Google Assistant
    voice
    voice commands
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Music "resumes" after notifications in the car!!!

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceOnePlus 8TOperating SystemAndroid 11My Question or IssueOK so I drive LOADS of different cars - it's my job. I deliver them from one place to another. It's a lot of driving and I use my phone as a satnav (google maps). I hav...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device OnePlus 8T Operating System Android 11 My Question or Issue OK so I drive LOADS of different cars - it's my job. I deliver them from one place to another. ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app keeps crashing

I have a Samsung j3 Luna pro with Android 7.0, not a really high powered phone but I've never had severe issues when using spotify. I just recently got premium again and had about 1500-1800 songs downloaded from my main playlist. Spotify worked just ...

• Regular
  • I have a Samsung j3 Luna pro with Android 7.0, not a really high powered phone but I've never had severe issues when using spotify. I just recently got premium again and had about 1500-1800 songs dow...
  • CarlosE
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Crash
    Premium
    Spotify
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android App: Song does not start, cannot call album or song details

Android App on my cellphone (Android 10) does not work anymore.Logged in as premium member.I start a song and the play button appears to play the song but then nothing more happens; the song just does not start, like frozen. I also cannot call any de...

• Android App on my cellphone (Android 10) does not work anymore. Logged in as premium member. I start a song and the play button appears to play the song but then nothing more happens; the song just...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify to Instagram Stories KO

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremium FamilyCountryFranceDeviceOne Plus 8Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueI am used to share tracks to Instagram...

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Family Country France Device One Plus 8 Operating System A...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Instagram
    Instagram Stories
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded playlist shows unavailable when offline

PlanPremium duoCountryGreeceDeviceXiaomi redmi note 9 proSpotify version 8.6.8.1094My Question or IssueThe last few days when offline my downloaded playlists show all songs with the downloaded arrow grey and other songs not downloaded at all.I comple...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium duo Country Greece Device Xiaomi redmi note 9 pro Spotify version 8.6.8.1094 My Question or Issue The last few days when offline my downloaded playlists show all songs wi...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Refresh the interface before showing it to the user

When you load up the Spotify app on Android there is a slight delay and icons move around. Just as I'm trying to press a playlist/podcast the button moves and I press something else. It's just a little thing but I find it very annoying. Don't show th...

• When you load up the Spotify app on Android there is a slight delay and icons move around. Just as I'm trying to press a playlist/podcast the button moves and I press something else. It's just a litt...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android][Playlists] Some songs from my playlist do not appear

Hello, my problem is this. There are some songs from my Spotify not playing in 30 second preview on my Spotify free. It happens to me in most of my playlists and I don't understand the problem. I have installed and uninstalled the app and it keeps te...

• Regular
  • Hello, my problem is this. There are some songs from my Spotify not playing in 30 second preview on my Spotify free. It happens to me in most of my playlists and I don't understand the problem. I hav...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast charts showing nothing.

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDevicePixel 4a 5gOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueI can't access podcast charts. When I click on it it says: something went wrong, please have another go. However, other categories work fine. Also, the images ar...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Denmark Device Pixel 4a 5g Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue I can't access podcast charts. When I click on it it says: something went wrong, plea...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Lack of fast forword and rewind by holding headphones next/previous buttons

Greetings, I try to find out for very long if it is possible to get fast forward or rewind a song or track using the headphones without touching your smartphone, but could't find any solution. I would like sometime to have the options like on many ot...

• Visitor
  • Greetings,   I try to find out for very long if it is possible to get fast forward or rewind a song or track using the headphones without touching your smartphone, but could't find any solutio...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Fast forward and rewind with headphone buttons
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify for AndroidTV not showing on Google Playstore

PlanFree/PremiumCountryNepalDeviceMi Box S 4KOperating SystemAndroidTV Pie My Question or IssueSpotify app for androidtv not showing on Google Playstore

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Nepal Device Mi Box S 4K Operating System AndroidTV Pie   My Question or Issue Spotify app for androidtv not showing on Google Playstore 
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Huawei HONOR 30 Pro Plus Unable to install the program

Device(Huawei HONOR 30 Pro Plus)Operating System(Android 10.) My Question or IssueThere is no program in the Huawei AppGallery store. I tried downloading the APK file from the official Spotify website, but after installing the program, the program im...

• Device (Huawei HONOR 30 Pro Plus) Operating System (Android 10.)   My Question or Issue There is no program in the Huawei AppGallery store. I tried downloading the APK file from the offici...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The Android app streams in low quality on cellular no matter what settings

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9+Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueA month or so ago, the app started streaming all music, whether cached or not, in low quality despite my quality settings being set to very high fo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Samsung Galaxy S9+ Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue A month or so ago, the app started streaming all music, whether ca...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bluetooth and auto-starting Stations

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceMi 9TOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or Issue Whenever I turn on Bluetooth on my phone to listen to some music using my headphones, the Stations app turns on and pops up automatically. I close it, start Spotify, listen...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Mi 9T Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue   Whenever I turn on Bluetooth on my phone to listen to some music using my headphones...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded podcasts don't appear in "Downloads"

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceHuawei P20 ProOperating SystemAndroid 10 | Spotify Version : 8.6.8.1094 My IssueHey,I've spotted issued with podcasts.Downloaded podcasts don't appear in the downloads section A downloaded podcast won't appear automatica...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country France Device Huawei P20 Pro Operating System Android 10 |  Spotify Version : 8.6.8.1094   My Issue Hey, I've spotted issued with podcasts. Downloaded podca...
  • Gazerbin
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Forced to reboot my phone

PlanDuo PremiumCountryFrance DeviceSamsung Galaxy A8 2018Operating SystemAndroid 9 Pie My Question or IssueHello,Sometimes, i try to use spotify on me galaxy A8 but, when i try to launch it, it stays black. I see structure of the app (top bar backgro...

•   Plan Duo Premium Country France   Device Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 Operating System Android 9 Pie   My Question or Issue Hello, Sometimes, i try to use spotify on me gala...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can only play the last song on my like list.

PlanPremiumCountryPeruDeviceMoto G6 plusOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI can only play the last song on my like list.I can't see my list of likes, no song or podcast is played, I already uninstalled and restarted the application, the pro...

• Plan Premium Country Peru Device Moto G6 plus Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I can only play the last song on my like list. I can't see my list of likes, no song or p...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    fail
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Video pop out

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy S10+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHow do you get podcasts to pop out so that when you...

• Casual Listener
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try  Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy S10+ Operating System Android...
  • Ninjakody888
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify no in the notification bar (Galaxy S10+)

PlanPremium FamilyCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10+Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueHello, since the last update, Spotify no longer appears in the notification bar, even though all notification options are enabled (Galaxy S10+ / A...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Country Germany Device Samsung Galaxy S10+ Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue Hello, since the last update, Spotify no longer appears in the notific...
  • CarlosE
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify controls not showing up on notification drop-down (Galaxy S21)

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceUnlocked Samsung Galaxy S21Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueI used to be able to swipe down from the top of my screen and Spotify controls and information would appear. It was working with my phone up until a ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S21 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue I used to be able to swipe down from the top of my screen and Spo...
  • khayman281
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes