Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple Spotify Notifications that don't work

Multiple Spotify Notifications that don't work

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S.A.

Device

(Samsung S21 Ultra)

Operating System

(Android 11)

My Question or Issue

Spotify gives three notifications for what's playing but two of them are just stuck there from old songs. They cannot be removed and Spotify is not active on any other devices. I've Uninstaller, cleared cache, data, force stopped, etc. but nothing has fixed it at all.  Pressing play, skip, etc on the two other notifications just affects the first notification as if they are all the exact same. I can't interact with the face off or void one. 

4 Replies

Hey @JaredDefine,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

The troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far are very good. 

In case you're using any battery optimization or power saving apps, you can try disabling them for Spotify to see if anything changes.

If that doesn't make a difference, could you share with us a video recording of what you're seeing? We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

There are no battery optimization apps on my phone. Here is a video. The pause isn't working on the dead notifications anymore but the skip works.

It won't let me upload the video, it says the title doesn't match the file type even though it's mp4. Here is a Google drive link to the video but idk how else to send it. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IyHBPXGszL-BhMaBmqkIfR-dn-IQvFTL/view?usp=drivesdk

For some reason the other notifications just went away. I have no idea what
happened.

Thanks for the help.

Hey @JaredDefine,

Thanks for updating us on the situation.

We're happy to hear that the issue has been resolved for you 🙂 Continue with the good troubleshooting practices and be sure to keep your apps and devices' firmware always updated to the latest versions available.  

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts