Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Multiple Users on Single Device

Multiple Users on Single Device

I have a family plan which includes my wife, myself and my 2 young kids. How can I set up Spotify my phone so that I can play music from any of these accounts? Sharing playlists isn't a satisfactory solution because I don't want recommendations based on their listening activity. (I hear enough Disney music as it is.)

Ideally, Spotify would adopt profile switching within apps like Netflix did years ago.

2 Replies

I think you'll need to create multiple users on the device for this to work.

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/android-basics-set-up-multiple-user-accounts-same-device-0168...

Thanks for the reply. I believe this only works for Nexus/Pixel devices. Neither my device (LGG6) nor my wife's (HTC One) have this. I realize I posted this under the Android board, but it's also an applicable problem to iOS. Relying on device fixes/features is pretty frustrating given the differences device to device and potential for that to change outside Spotify's control.

FWIW, I have used that function a lot in the past when I had a Nexus, and the limitations there make it an not-so-ideal solution. e.g. Only the current user gets messages etc, so if I were to log in to my kids account I'm basically accepting that my messages are on mute until they're ready to give the device back.

Suggested posts