Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs randomly start playing on Android

Hi all, On an HTC One X running ICS, Spotify will just randomly start playing music on occasion. There seems to be no real pattern except that music has been stopped some time previously (anything between a few minutes and an hour or so). It is usual...

• Hi all,   On an HTC One X running ICS, Spotify will just randomly start playing music on occasion.  There seems to be no real pattern except that music has been stopped some time previo...
  • Heidimarie819
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Genius not working

Behind the lyrics/ Genius is not working on my Galaxy S8. Both Spotify and my Android are on current versions. I already tried to reinstall the app, no changes.Any songs are showing BTL. In the settings Genius is always turned on. Asking for help, ta...

• Behind the lyrics/ Genius is not working on my Galaxy S8. Both Spotify and my Android are on current versions. I already tried to reinstall the app, no changes. Any songs are showing BTL.  In ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to log in to premium on phone

I have premium account. It's on iPad and iPod. Was on galaxy s8 until yesterday. O2 guru advised I uninstall and reinstall due to other issues. When I reinstalled it's not coming up as my premium account and keep taking me to upgrade account section?...

• I have premium account. It's on iPad and iPod.  Was on galaxy s8 until yesterday.  O2 guru advised I uninstall and reinstall due to other issues.  When I reinstalled it's not coming up...
  • justinewin_
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playback isn't paused when answering calls [Android]

Hi,from a couple of days spotify won't stop playing music when an incoming call arrives.So I hear both call and music that is very annoyingI have to close the application manually.Anyone have the same problem and have an idea how to fix it ?Thank you...

• Hi, from a couple of days spotify won't stop playing music when an incoming call arrives. So I hear both call and music that is very annoying I have to close the application manually. Anyone have...
  • malmark1
  • Casual Listener
  • 164 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 164 replies
  • 31 likes

Are the Spotify UI engineers smoking crack?

Just having a play with the Spotify app for my android based home-theatre. I can only assume you need to be having a drug-induced psychotic episode to understand it's logic. Take queue management. Surely browsing a collection and choosing what song o...

• Casual Listener
  • Just having a play with the Spotify app for my android based home-theatre. I can only assume you need to be having a drug-induced psychotic episode to understand it's logic.   Take queue man...
  • CameronMcDonald
  • Music Fan
  • 21 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 6 likes

Download Spotify App without Amazon or Google Play

Hi, I am considering getting a premium account, but it is important to me, that I can download the app without the need to use a google account or amazon account, because I don`t have and want any.Please answer me, so I can consider your services. (W...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I am considering getting a premium account, but it is important to me, that I can download the app without the need to use a google account or amazon account, because I don`t have and wa...
  • piker
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

My Welcome Mix

Is it possible to take a song off of "Your Welcome Mix"? Cause I have a song on mine that is from an artist I like but I don't like that particular song

• Is it possible to take a song off of "Your Welcome Mix"? Cause I have a song on mine that is from an artist I like but I don't like that particular song
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Musuc still playing after pick up facebook messenger call

Hello, I have an issue when music is playing on background and somebody is calling to me via Facebook messenger app. Durign call ringing music stops, and after I pick up the call, music continue playing, so I hear music and the person, which is calli...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have an issue when music is playing on background and somebody is calling to me via Facebook messenger app. Durign call ringing music stops, and after I pick up the call, music continue play...
  • felixnyström73
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't start after a Skype phone call is completed

As the subject topic says. Spotify stops when initiating a Skype call, but after I finished the Skype call the Spotify app won't resume playing.

• Casual Listener
  • As the subject topic says. Spotify stops when initiating a Skype call,  but after I finished the Skype call the Spotify app won't resume playing.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Shuffle on big playlists is problematic

When playing my 1300 song playlist of downloaded tracks on shuffle with my Lenovo tablet the algorithm only uses the first 50 or so songs from the list to shuffle. Smaller Playlists with ~400 songs work fine. I already reinstalled the app with no fur...

• When playing my 1300 song playlist of downloaded tracks on shuffle with my Lenovo tablet the algorithm only uses the first 50 or so songs from the list to shuffle. Smaller Playlists with ~400 songs w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify connects with Bose soundtouch but no sound

Hi all, I have a Premium spotify account but all of a sudden i have a problem to play songs from my library on my Bose soundtouch system. My Bose soundtoch system works fine. I can play radiostations but no songs from my Spotify account although Spot...

• Hi all,   I have a Premium spotify account but all of a sudden i have a problem to play songs from my library on my Bose soundtouch system.   My Bose soundtoch system works fine. I can ...
  • ShaunHartley
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Entire years worth of saved songs disappeared

Hi everyone, I use Spotify Premium on Android, Windows laptop and desktop. Just recently I've noticed that more than a years worth of saved songs have disappeared. I've tried logging out and back in on all platforms and have tried reinstallls on all ...

• Casual Listener
  •  Hi everyone,   I use Spotify Premium on Android, Windows laptop and desktop. Just recently I've noticed that more than a years worth of saved songs have disappeared.   I've tried ...
  • fonzman
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify clearing offline playlists?

Has this happened to anyone before? A message came up saying I exceeded my device limit (I hadn't) and that the app was clearing the data off my phone* (It didn't do that either it just desynced the app from my sd card or something), I don't have a c...

• Gig Goer
  • Has this happened to anyone before? A message came up saying I exceeded my device limit (I hadn't) and that the app was clearing the data off my phone* (It didn't do that either it just desynced the ...
  • fonzman
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Everything is gone including premium

I just logged into a new device and every song, album and artist I had saved is gone and my premium is gone which I'm still paying for btw and I'm trying to figure out what is going on and how do I get everything back

• I just logged into a new device and every song, album and artist I had saved is gone and my premium is gone which I'm still paying for btw and I'm trying to figure out what is going on and how do I g...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

downloading repeatedly

Hi, please advise me.Every time I get on spotify it starts to download all the music I have ever saved. I know it has saved b4 but still re starts. I am a paying member with limited Internet at home. Thus costing me heaps in data.Then 2 top of my iss...

• Hi, please advise me. Every time I get on spotify it starts to download all the music I have ever saved. I know it has saved b4 but still re starts. I am a paying member with limited Internet at hom...
  • fhernan06
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Downloaded music disappears
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading although "download using cellular" is off AND WiFi is off!

Spotify seems to have it's mind set on using up all my data. I have disabled download via mobile data, but a few days ago all of a sudden my complete data was used up and then I saw Spotify had been downloading, even though there was no WiFi connecti...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify seems to have it's mind set on using up all my data. I have disabled download via mobile data, but a few days ago all of a sudden my complete data was used up and then I saw Spotify had been ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can not log in after update

My Android client was updated maybe about a week ago and I can no longer login.After an update a few days earlier, all my donwloads were removed.Now after this update I am prompted to log in (I can not add any screenshot because it is forbidden!? **b...

• Casual Listener
  • My Android client was updated maybe about a week ago and I can no longer login. After an update a few days earlier, all my donwloads were removed. Now after this update I am prompted to log in (I c...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

App stürzt ab bei Wiedergabe

Hallo, ich hoffe ihr könnt mir helfen und zwar habe ich das Problem, dass bei manchen (mir aktuell 2 bekannten) Liedern die App nach wenigen Sekunden der Wiedergabe des Liedes sich aufhängt. Ich habe das Problem erst seit ein paar Wochen, an der Inte...

• Hallo, ich hoffe ihr könnt mir helfen und zwar habe ich das Problem, dass bei manchen (mir aktuell 2 bekannten) Liedern die App nach wenigen Sekunden der Wiedergabe des Liedes sich aufhängt.   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify acts as if internet is unavailable

I'm sorry I don't have a solid repeatable bug here but this is something that has been happening for a few months. Taking time out of my life to help you stay awesome. So what I have noticed is that on Android, I will open spotify and it won't show a...

• I'm sorry I don't have a solid repeatable bug here but this is something that has been happening for a few months.  Taking time out of my life to help you stay awesome.   So what I have n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes