Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs in a local file playlist download from my laptop but others don't

So i made a playlist of an album i have the mp3s for. i am able to sync some of the playlist but others appear to be download with a green arrow and then goes gray arrow and isn't available. its always the same songs. they play fine on the laptop.any...

• Casual Listener
  • So i made a playlist of an album i have the mp3s for. i am able to sync some of the playlist but others appear to be download with a green arrow and then goes gray arrow and isn't available. its alwa...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify stops playing when I make a phone call but doesn't resume afterwards

Hi,When I play music and make a phone call, I would expect that the music will stop and resume after the phone call, but I need to resume it manually. Is there a solution for that?Thanks,Erez

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, When I play music and make a phone call, I would expect that the music will stop and resume after the phone call, but I need to resume it manually. Is there a solution for that? Thanks, Erez
  • Nic9999
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Now playing notification not being recreated after swiping away

I'm not exactly sure when this problem started. Device: Pixel XL Issue: sometimes spotify will not re-create the notification that it is playing music after the notification has been previously swiped away after pausing a song. How to resolve it (tem...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm not exactly sure when this problem started.   Device: Pixel XL   Issue: sometimes spotify will not re-create the notification that it is playing music after the notification has bee...
  • navalhawkeye
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist issues

Why is my spotty playlist only playing a couple of songs then stopping when I have the entire playlist on repeat

• Why is my spotty playlist only playing a couple of songs then stopping when I have the entire playlist on repeat 😲😲😲
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The app is not working just showed a black screen it has been 2 weeks now

nothing but problems ....is there a number I can call ....because this is not usefull

• Casual Listener
  • nothing but problems ....is there a number I can call ....because this is not usefull   
  • Fijus
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Offline data on SD card, but the app takes 9 gigabytes on internal storage

Hi, I have a problem with a family account. As stated in the topic subject, I've downloaded my songs onto the SD card (and the com.spotify folder is right there), but my phone keeps telling me that the app takes 9 gigabytes of internal storage. I hav...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a problem with a family account. As stated in the topic subject, I've downloaded my songs onto the SD card (and the com.spotify folder is right there), but my phone keeps telling me that t...
  • k_hal
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline Songs undownloading

Hi,I have Spotify Premium on my Samsung Galaxy S5 all latest updates for both phone and app. For the past 2 weeks all my music keeps getting undownloaded and then trying to redownload when i launch the app again, this happens after stopping app, rebo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have Spotify Premium on my Samsung Galaxy S5 all latest updates for both phone and app. For the past 2 weeks all my music keeps getting undownloaded and then trying to redownload when i launch...
  • PaulN
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify and Sonos

When trying to group Sonos speakers as devices while listening through spotify...the Spotify app will play through one speaker, when I try to group rooms it tries to load Sonos app but crashes every time. Spent one hour with Spotify support and got n...

• Gig Goer
  • When trying to group Sonos speakers as devices while listening through spotify...the Spotify app will play through one speaker, when I try to group rooms it tries to load Sonos app but crashes every ...
  • jc47
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • In app update
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone memory used up by spotify

Hello there Spotify! I'm having major issues with my phone's memory and spotify. My phone is telling me that this app is using 5.28 GB which it seems to be almost all my phone memory... yaik!Now, I'm the opposite of a "technological" person therefore...

• Hello there Spotify!    I'm having major issues with my phone's memory and spotify. My phone is telling me that this app is using 5.28 GB which it seems to be almost all my phone memory.....
  • klauzer
  • Gig Goer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Download button and disappearing offline songs

Please hide download button or even add confirmation alert to discard offline songs. It’s third time when I deleted all my offline songs accidently when put phone into pocket.

• Music Fan
  • Please hide download button or even add confirmation alert to discard offline songs. It’s third time when I deleted all my offline songs accidently when put phone into pocket.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No SD storage option

Hi,I have a SD card, set as external memory with lots of Space empty, but there is not the storage option in the app settings.I tried to format the SD card, to close the app, to reinstall it etc, but it still doesn't work.I don't have enough space le...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, I have a SD card, set as external memory with lots of Space empty, but there is not the storage option in the app settings. I tried to format the SD card, to close the app, to reinstall it ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 34 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 34 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Random crash on Samsung S7 Edge

I am having an increasingly annoying problem with my Android app. In certain playlists, it crashes on certain songs. It just freezes completely, and refuses to continue playing. It does not help to use the next-button to skip it, and it does not even...

• Regular
  • I am having an increasingly annoying problem with my Android app. In certain playlists, it crashes on certain songs. It just freezes completely, and refuses to continue playing. It does not help to u...
  • kvitso
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    Samsung S7
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Song disapeared. Ghost love score by nightwish

Was playing this song literally a week ago from the Once album for Nightwish. Now Ghost Love Score, as well as the rest of the Once album is just gone from spotify.I am in Australia. Any thoughts?

• Was playing this song literally a week ago from the Once album for Nightwish. Now Ghost Love Score, as well as the rest of the Once album is just gone from spotify. I am in Australia. Any thoughts?
  • 0 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 17 likes

Music not playing automatically

So I have this issue with Spotify where the song I'm listening to will play until the end and then not move on to the next song without me physically hitting skip or if I drag the thing back a few seconds it will play through the end of the song and ...

• So I have this issue with Spotify where the song I'm listening to will play until the end and then not move on to the next song without me physically hitting skip or if I drag the thing back a few se...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tried everything, still skipping

No matter what I do, my songs still find a way to start skipping again. I've uninstalled, restarted, and reinstalled about four times now and my music will play fine for about a week and then start skipping again! It only does this on my phone, not o...

• No matter what I do, my songs still find a way to start skipping again. I've uninstalled, restarted, and reinstalled about four times now and my music will play fine for about a week and then start s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify blitzed all my mobile data

Hiya, I am using Spotify on my Samsung S8 and for the first time ever I got the text to say that I had used all my data up - when I checked on the settings for this billing cycle it says that I have used almost 4GB from the 5GB allowance I have on Sp...

• Hiya,   I am using Spotify on my Samsung S8 and for the first time ever I got the text to say that I had used all my data up - when I checked on the settings for this billing cycle it says tha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts are gone?

I can't find podcast button. I used to listen podcast in spotify! Where's the button? What I have to do to listen podcast? I cannot find podcast in my library. Someone help me!

• I can't find podcast button. I used to listen podcast in spotify! Where's the button? What I have to do to listen podcast? I cannot find podcast in my library. Someone help me!
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

I can not play some artist.

I've been trying to play Arcade Fire, but I can't, is the only artist I can't listen to since few days, I alredy unistall ans install the app again and the problem still being there! What can I do?

• I've been trying to play Arcade Fire, but I can't, is the only artist I can't listen to since few days, I alredy unistall ans install the app again and the problem still being there! What can I do?&n...
  • DReills84
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Skipping

Anyone know what I can do to get my Spotify to stop skipping when my screen is turned off? Seems to only happen when my screen is black.

• Casual Listener
  • Anyone know what I can do to get my Spotify to stop skipping when my screen is turned off? Seems to only happen when my screen is black.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to transfer all data do Sd card

Hi I'm having a bit of trouble here. My Huawei P8 Lite 2017 is only 16gb but my memory card is 64gb. I'm constantly running out of space. How can I transfer my downloaded songs to my sd card? Also, I don't have the option to do it in the app because ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I'm having a bit of trouble here. My Huawei P8 Lite 2017 is only 16gb but my memory card is 64gb. I'm constantly running out of space. How can I transfer my downloaded songs to my sd card? Also, I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes