Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple bug when lauching the app

Multiple bug when lauching the app

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

The app systematically takes a few minutes to launch. It either freezes on the screen with the logo or a black and grey screen. Sometimes it manages to launch after a few minutes, sometimes I have to close and re open the app. When it finally opens, the app is usually very slow and can't find the song or podcast I'm looking for or when I hit play the song doesn't play (or onyl a few minutes later). 

Those several bugs have been going on for a few months. I already dowloaded the latest update, restarted my phone etc... I don't know what to do anymore, can you help me please ? 

Thank you very much for your help, 

Sarah

5 Replies

I don't know if it's the exact same root cause.  But Spotify is now dreadfully slow and painful to use on my Android 9 device.  Like OP, it takes too long to open, too long to find and play anything.  For example.  I want to go out for a 25 minute run, but it takes over 5 minutes to start my music.  It's ludicrous.  I'm a little fed up with it to be fair and I'm trialling Deezer Premium, with a view to jumping ship.  I've not uninstalled and reinstalled the app yet.  To be honest, I don't feel that I should have to do all that, I know a thing about software and find having to do that unacceptable.  The software should be lighter and faster.  Proactively clean if that's what's needed.  My Internet both on WiFi and 4G are very good, but when I go running I just want to play my already downloaded favourites, but it takes too long to find them, and it spoils the mood..  So disappointing...😔

Same issue indeed! I launch the app and it takes so much time to play a song that I already had the time to go and come back from the bakery. I love Spotify but since I have this issue, I am very frustrated to pay every month for something that doesn't work properly. 

Could anyone from the Spotify team help us? 

Or redirect us to someone that can? 

Thank you very much for the time you take to consider this issue. 

Hey @SarahV54 and @marccarney,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread. Issues like the ones you're describing usually mean that the app cache has gotten corrupted and causing connectivity issues with our servers. To remedy this, it's a good idea that you perform a clean reinstall using this guide. This way you ensure that no damaged leftover files remain.

We also recommend you try disabling any battery optimization software running on your phone. Follow these steps:

1. Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.
2. Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.
3. Last step - restart the phone.

Note: Menu order may differ on different devices.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for answering me! 

I did everything you advised me to so, followed every steps. 

The first time I reopened the app after doing all that, the app worked fine. However I then closed it and reopened it a few times (separated each time by a few hours) to check if the bugs were really gone. Unfortunately the bugs reappeared: the app is still really slow to open amd to show musics / podcasts, and to play them... 

Do you any another solution please? 

Thank you in advance for your help, 

Best regards, 

Sarah 

Hey @SarahV54,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

If you're using an SD card, we'd suggest you remove it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Sometimes SD card errors can cause issues with the cache which can affect the performance of the app. 

If there are cache clearing apps on the device, you can deactivate them for bot Spotify.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts