Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music stops and Spotify stops responding after opening other full screen application

Solved!

Music stops and Spotify stops responding after opening other full screen application

Plan

Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

Samsung S9

Operating System

Latest android and security update 

My Question or Issue

Recently since the new update when opening full screen applications such as games, spotify stops playback and doesn't show up in the navigation/drop menu bar. I have tried to open up spotify again and play then swap back to full screen application however same issue occurs. I pay for premium and now can't use it when I want to use it. Any help on this matter? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @ryan103

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We suggest you try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Alternatively, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your mobile? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's performance. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @ryan103

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We suggest you try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Alternatively, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your mobile? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's performance. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Suggested posts