Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Samsung s8 and samsung s10

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

The music stops and starts, and stop en starts, during playing music while the phone is not aktive in use.  If i hold the phone and use it, it  plays smoothly, but if i put it down it stops and starts again over and over.  This has happened with my old samsung s8 and is still happening to my samsung s10. What can i do? It is so frustrating. If i dont get any help, i will need to change to another service.  Ive allready tryed to delete app and sign in and out multiple times. Ive tryed with different networks, and that is not the issue.

Please help! 

7 Replies

Hey, @Ingrid87 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Currently, there is an aggressive batery optimization system on Samsung devices that stops Spotify activity when the app goes to background. 

Firstly, I recommend that you try to revoke Spotify of the list of app that are optimized. From your phone, can you go to:

1. Settings
  2. Battery
  3. Tap the three-dot icon at the top 
  4. Battery optimisation 
  5. Tap the drop-down arrow 
  6. All apps
  7. Spotify 
  8. Don't optimize

It also could appear in Settings > Battery > App Power Saving > Detail > (if On) Spotify > Turn off.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I still have the same issue as describes above. The only difference is that I use a Samsung S9.

All steps mentioned above has been performed. Recently I also uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It has worked for a while today, but again it started with random stops. It has to be mentioned, the app played for 1-2 hours before random stopping/starting for 1 second after what seems to be 1-2 minuts of beeing idle. 

Hey, @lilchief 

Sorry to hear that it is happening to you... Is this happening with downloaded songs or anyone?

LuanSpotify Star

Yes, it does. All my frequent playlists are downloaded. What could be the problem if it affects downloaded songs?

Alright, so I recommend that you try a clean reinstallation of the app. It's different than the common reinstallation, so I suggest that you take a look at this article to get help with it.

After doing it, let me know how your app is working...

LuanSpotify Star

Thanks! Cache and reinstall complete, currently awaiting to complete the download of all 3900 songs =P

After running the app stable for a few days (or if the issue re-emerges), I will post any findings 🙂

Alright, @lilchief 

I'll be waiting for your reply here! 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts