Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music stops playing when screen is off

Music stops playing when screen is off

When listening to music on the built-in speakers of my Tablet, the music stops after one or two songs after the screen has turned off. I have disabled any battery optimization or energy saving I could find, cleared the cache, reinstalled the app, but still the same behaviour.

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 2020

Operating System

Android 10

3 Replies

Hey there @thediddyhamster

Help’s here!

In case cleaning up the cache didn't do the trick we recommend checking if you observe the same when logging in to your Spotify account on a different device. If this doesn't occur on another device, we'd suggest making sure that your Samsung is up to speed with any software updates available.

Another thing you can try is logging in to a different account on the affected device. This will show if the issue might be account-related. If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Hi,

I think the issue was somehow device related. After rebooting the device and enable/disable the "Allow background activity"-toggle in the app info multiple times, it started working again. Anyways, thanks for your help.

Hey @thediddyhamster

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We’re happy to hear this is fixed for you after trying the steps you mentioned.

Еnjoy your music!

Suggested posts