Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music stops playing

Music stops playing

My Spotify is not playing if my phone is locked. It will play a song all the way through, but will not play the next song unless I open the Spotify app and look at it. I tried restarting my phone and Uninstalled the app and reinstalled. This is occurring as I am trying to stream a radio based off of a song
3 Replies

@Jstout0712

Do you have any Power Saving feature turned on?

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

As @osornious has mentioned, this behaviour is noted when power saving options are enabled (as these are aggressive and close applications which have been open for a period of time).

Recently Samsung devices after being upgraded to 6.0 Marshmallow appear to have an aggressive power saver feature enabled by default. To disable this please go to your phone settings then the power menu

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Insaw this post and reply because I am having a number of problems with logging in, offline mode, and my playlist pausing after 1 or 2 songs until I literally go into the app and bring the playlist back up. I tried turning the power saving mode off and this did not solve the problem with my playlists pausing.

Suggested posts