Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Equalizer feature disappeared !

Solved!

My Equalizer feature disappeared !

Ummmm?? I used to have Equalizer in my settings under playback. Now it's gone? What is the deal?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

There is an EQ setting, it sits under the Music streaming quality settings and is called "Equalizer" (previously known in the app as "Audio Effects")

What devices are you using? Can you try a reboot or re-install of the app?
If still missing it may be part of this bug, please go to the thread and post your details.

Android works slightly differently, rather than having EQ's per app/system etc they all tap into a global EQ which controls all volumes, settings globally for all apps that tap into the media output sound channel. The inbuilt EQ (or "Audio Effects" as it's called in the app) in spotify is essentially just a link to the Equalizer built into the ROM, if (as found in some Samsung & HTC devices) the EQ control is missing from the Android Settings then there is nothing for the Spotify to link to, as such it will remove the option.

If this is the case you need to install an app such as ViPER4Android FX (which is what I use, but requires root), or Equalizer and the option will appear in the Spotify app. Clicking on it will take you to the EQ app where you can control the settings.

FYI:- xda thread for V4A with setup guide, tips and support is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223e

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Marked as solution

Hi,

There is an EQ setting, it sits under the Music streaming quality settings and is called "Equalizer" (previously known in the app as "Audio Effects")

What devices are you using? Can you try a reboot or re-install of the app?
If still missing it may be part of this bug, please go to the thread and post your details.

Android works slightly differently, rather than having EQ's per app/system etc they all tap into a global EQ which controls all volumes, settings globally for all apps that tap into the media output sound channel. The inbuilt EQ (or "Audio Effects" as it's called in the app) in spotify is essentially just a link to the Equalizer built into the ROM, if (as found in some Samsung & HTC devices) the EQ control is missing from the Android Settings then there is nothing for the Spotify to link to, as such it will remove the option.

If this is the case you need to install an app such as ViPER4Android FX (which is what I use, but requires root), or Equalizer and the option will appear in the Spotify app. Clicking on it will take you to the EQ app where you can control the settings.

FYI:- xda thread for V4A with setup guide, tips and support is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223e

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

This is useless. Did you even read the problem?

What?? I´m Premium and I need install a 3rd party app to see equalization? Are you mind? Is it the solution? Serious?

It is not there
Screenshot_2017-03-29-21-40-24.png

I have the same Problem with my new Phone

Same here. I had it on my Galaxy S6 and it's missing on this LG G5.

That is not a solution. Saying there is an equalizer is not a solution to the problem that there is no equalizer

/Op5

I have a Pixel XL phone and the equalizer has always been working fine until the last Spotify update.  I can still see it, but it no longer has any effect on the sound quality.  I toggle it between on and off...  Makes no difference at all.

I don't have it either on my one plus five 

. Fix it.. 

I think they must have recently removed it from the app. Perhaps the person marked as a solution wasn't on the newest version of the app. 

The spotify app has never included an equaliser but has always used the android system equaliser. If your phone doesn't ship with an equaliser, you'll need to download one from Play.

This is a technicality - Spotify used to have an equaliser button that
linked to the on board one

Now the link to even that has gone

And this is getting away from the real problem that there is a sudden sharp
change in volume when you play a new track

Suggested posts