Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect closes Spotify

Hello, When i use Spotify connect on my phone and the screen is swithed off, after some minutes Spotify is closed (there is no lock screen app anymore and no icon in the bar). The music on my Sonos plays normal and when i Start Spotify again, the cor...

• Hello,  When i use Spotify connect on my phone and the screen  is swithed off,  after some minutes Spotify is closed (there is no lock screen app anymore and no icon in the bar). The ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Subscription won't play

I've been studying French playing "coffee break french" by radio lingua network with their podcasts and sice yesterday I can' access them. Under my subscription it's listed there but when I click on it in the opera browser i get a "sorry couldnt find...

• I've been studying French playing "coffee break french" by radio lingua network with their podcasts and sice yesterday I can' access them.  Under my subscription it's listed there but when I cli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mark podcasts as played

I'm new to android after having been stuck with the iPhone's terrible podcast player. So I download Spotify, subscribe to my favorite podcast, and have a list of over 200 podcasts (all of which I've heard). If I click on each one, my choices are Down...

• I'm new to android after having been stuck with the iPhone's terrible podcast player. So I download Spotify, subscribe to my favorite podcast, and have a list of over 200 podcasts (all of which I've ...
  • ankurb
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 41 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 2 replies
  • 41 likes

Extremely high data usage

I've used Spotify premium since 2014 and never had a problem until yesterday. I may have listened to 3 albums yesterday when I got an alert from my service provider that I am dangerously close to exceeding my data usage max for the month. I took a lo...

• Casual Listener
  • I've used Spotify premium since 2014 and never had a problem until yesterday. I may have listened to 3 albums yesterday when I got an alert from my service provider that I am dangerously close to exc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doens't allow me to put offline music

Hi, I'm a premium user and lately Spotify doesn't seem to be able to download music. Everytime I try to download some tracks, a window pop up and says something that I would translate as "good library man! but you don't have enough space. You should ...

• Hi, I'm a premium user and lately Spotify doesn't seem to be able to download music. Everytime I try to download some tracks, a window pop up and says something that I would translate as "good librar...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Songs take up full space on SD card and internal storage

This bug makes the App unusable.I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with a 64GB SanDisk Micro-SD card. And I'm going mad because of this bug.I download ~1000 songs in Best Quality and it takes up about 8GB.But the songs take up that space on both my ...

• Casual Listener
  • This bug makes the App unusable. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with a 64GB SanDisk Micro-SD card.   And I'm going mad because of this bug. I download ~1000 songs in Best Quality and it...
  • spadePerfect
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify freezes Nexus 5

After running Spotify on my Nexus 5 (ver 6.0.1) for a while (maybe an hour or more) everything slows or completely freezes on my phone. This happens consistently and only with Spotify. So I need to restart my phone after using Spotify nearly every ti...

• Roadie
  • After running Spotify on my Nexus 5 (ver 6.0.1) for a while (maybe an hour or more) everything slows or completely freezes on my phone. This happens consistently and only with Spotify. So I need...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play my music

When I go to my song list it will not let me play an of my songs on my list it's only playing with shuffle only why? Also I don't believe it is cause of not being a premium customer because my daughter also has the free account it is letting her go t...

• Casual Listener
  • When I go to my song list it will not let me play an of my songs on my list it's only playing with shuffle only why? Also I don't believe it is cause of not being a premium customer because my daught...
  • Chrysalove
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs deleted from my song library

Hi, All my saved songs have been deleted / wiped from my library. Is there a way to restore it? Very frustrating as its deleted all my songs which ive been saving for the last few years. I've been using it on an android phone. Thanks for any help or ...

• Hi,    All my saved songs have been deleted / wiped from my library. Is there a way to restore it? Very frustrating as its deleted all my songs which ive been saving for the last few year...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Mobile (Android) Last.fm Error - Mobile APP won't scrobble

My last.fm scrobbling used to work just fine on my phone until about a month ago. Now it won't scrobble anything and everytime I go in to put my username and password it gives me a notification that says "Last.fm Error - wrong username or password". ...

• Casual Listener
  • My last.fm scrobbling used to work just fine on my phone until about a month ago. Now it won't scrobble anything and everytime I go in to put my username and password it gives me a notification that ...
  • Summer7
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs saved on sd card disconnected and lost

I have an SD card which I download all of my spotify playlists to so I can listen offline, but my SD card recently disconnected, resulting in all of my songs no longer being available offline. They still seem to be on the SD card though as the space ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an SD card which I download all of my spotify playlists to so I can listen offline, but my SD card recently disconnected, resulting in all of my songs no longer being available offline. They s...
  • Kauo
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

p

hey i have a problem.. while i listen a song for example perfect.Ed start another song that i didn’t chose..why? thank

• hey i have a problem.. while i listen a song for example perfect.Ed start another song that i didn’t chose..why? thank 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Syncing error - "no space left on device"

I recently did a reset on my phone and now have Spotify syncing to my SD card. Music has been syncing correctly but after a while (such as when I tried to sync another playlist today) I get the following error. "Syncing error Offline syncing has stop...

• Music Fan
  • I recently did a reset on my phone and now have Spotify syncing to my SD card. Music has been syncing correctly but after a while (such as when I tried to sync another playlist today) I get the ...
  • Barquero_92
  • 54 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 54 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs keep skipping like a broken CD when phone is locked

Whenever I lock my phone the music starts like skipping or stuttering and I've looked up about fixing this and it says turn off "WiFi optimization" in the settings but this literally isn't in my settings. I have a galaxy s6 edge if that helps but can...

• Whenever I lock my phone the music starts like skipping or stuttering and I've looked up about fixing this and it says turn off "WiFi optimization" in the settings but this literally isn't in my sett...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Play

Question: Do I actually have to buy a premium account just to listen to my music in order? As a person who doesn't have the money to pay for the 10 dollars (or whatever it was) a month just so I can listen to an album in the correct order. It's infur...

• Casual Listener
  • Question: Do I actually have to buy a premium account just to listen to my music in order? As a person who doesn't have the money to pay for the 10 dollars (or whatever it was) a month just so I can ...
  • star94
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How does Spotify detect that it is a BMW 7 series?

Hi,There are many posts on how BMW owners are having stability issues with ConnectedDrive, including one from a BMW engineer who has tested it with other models, and confirming the same hardware (used in 7 series) is used in these models. The reply f...

• Hi, There are many posts on how BMW owners are having stability issues with ConnectedDrive, including one from a BMW engineer who has tested it with other models, and confirming the same hardware (u...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Zahlung auf Handyrechnung

Hallo zusammen! Ich moechte mit der Zahlungsmethode Zahlung auf Rechnung mir Premium hole aber es geht irgendwas nicht bzw. ich finde die option gar nicht

• Hallo zusammen! Ich moechte mit der Zahlungsmethode Zahlung auf Rechnung mir Premium hole aber es geht irgendwas nicht bzw. ich finde die option gar nicht
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Chromecast volume control while Spotify is running in background - GONE!!

For a copule of days now I haven't been able to control the volume of Spotify on Chromecast while the app is in the background. It only works while the app is in the foreground. This has always worked until now. I'm still able to use the volume contr...

20170202_194718.png
  • Gig Goer
  • For a copule of days now I haven't been able to control the volume of Spotify on Chromecast while the app is in the background. It only works while the app is in the foreground. This has always worke...
  • handfix
  • 52 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 52 replies
  • 15 likes

Latest update 8.4.37.571 armV7: Spotify connect not working?

Hi, It seems that since this morning update Spotify Connect have some problems. Sonos speakers do not exist anymore and casting to chromecast dongle does not work. Is there some problem on the Spotify Connect side? Thank you Camillo

• Community Legend
  • Hi,  It seems that since this morning update Spotify Connect have some problems.    Sonos speakers do not exist anymore and casting to chromecast dongle does not work.   ...
  • camillo75
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Remove Download option missing from Android App version 8.4.32.623 armV7

I have a Moto Z Force Droid running Android 7.1.1 and Spotify App version 8.4.32.623 armV7.I have playlists that are downloaded.When I press the menu button next to any of these playlists, there is a Download option but no Remove Download option.I ha...

• Regular
  • I have a Moto Z Force Droid running Android 7.1.1 and Spotify App version 8.4.32.623 armV7. I have playlists that are downloaded. When I press the menu button next to any of these playlists, there ...
  • thorzyleif
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes