My layout can't play music

Plan

Free

Country

Brazil

Device

Xiaomi Redmi 6A

My Question or Issue

Spotify changed my layout recently and it only shows previews of songs now. Plus, my playlists, podcasts and albums are only playing in shuffle, they're not in order and I can't select any song.

I've already tried to uninstall and install again, clear cache, log out of my account, reboot my cellphone and everything you can think of, but it still doesn't work. I need help, please!

The layout is in attachments.

Screenshot_2022-07-04-13-20-39-471_com.spotify.music.png
Screenshot_2022-07-04-13-20-56-469_com.spotify.music.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ThathaListensToShitU,

Thanks for sharing this with us!
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but what is described here seems like the default Spotify free behaviour.

With Spotify free, you can play music on Shuffle and there are also some lists like the Daily Mixes that allow you to play on demand. On demand listening is also possible via the desktop app, even on free!

To find more about the differences between free and Premium, check out this support page 🙂
Cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Thanks for sharing this with us!
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but what is described here seems like the default Spotify free behaviour.

With Spotify free, you can play music on Shuffle and there are also some lists like the Daily Mixes that allow you to play on demand. On demand listening is also possible via the desktop app, even on free!

To find more about the differences between free and Premium, check out this support page 🙂
Cheers!

VasilModerator

Ok, but how can I play my music now? The app is useless if I can't play my
songs.

Thank you for keeping in contact.

Keep in mind that, as mentioned before by @Vasil; you can keep listening to your playlists, albums and artists in shuffle mode using the mobile app.

However, if you want to select specific songs from your playlists, you can also use the desktop app.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community  will be here for you. 

OscarDCModerator

Plan

Free

Country

Indonesia

Device

Inspiron 14 3000 seires

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My spotify app has a problem where every time i try to turn off shuffle play, all it says is that i need to get premium. Yet when i use the web version or the app in my computer, its completely fine 

I tried to turn it off through the remote control function on my phone. But all that happens is it turns off for all but 3 seconds, then turns back on. 

Help

i forgot to mention that i had tried to reinstall it yet it changed nothing

I'm finding that shuffle is now a premium feature on the desktop app as well (as of this week). I was aware that this was default behavior in the mobile app, but I've always been able to listen to albums/playlists in whatever order I'd like in the desktop app. This is such a huge feature to take away from the free desktop version. Here's a quick video made July 8, 2022 demonstrating the new change to the shuffle feature in the free desktop app version: https://youtu.be/Wq1EQKye3F4

Hey @hanield22,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We're constantly testing new improvements on our features as we continuously strive to improve the user experience on our platform. We'll make sure to pass your feedback on this feature with the relevant team.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Suggested posts