Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution black player in the notification bar

Black square Spotify player in the notification bar. I don't know how to fix this, help! The stop and play buttons work, but they are bad. They are not even visible. And the player disappears all the time after 5 minutes. PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDevi...

• Visitor
  • Black square Spotify player in the notification bar. I don't know how to fix this, help! The stop and play buttons work, but they are bad. They are not even visible. And the player disappears all the...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Entire playlists are now greyed out when I am using connect, wifi or data, on android devices

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded songs redownload

PlanPremiumCountryNew Zealand Device(iPhone 7Operating System(iOS 11.4)Most of my downloaded songs recently were removed and then redownloaded. This is really annoying and shouldn't happen. I have seen posts back to 2013 saying they have the same pro...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country New Zealand    Device (iPhone 7 Operating System (iOS 11.4) Most of my downloaded songs recently were removed and then redownloaded.  This is really annoy...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution shuffle, where are you!?

Hi I have the Galaxy Watch 4. I'm sure I read that the shuffle function for offline music has now been rolled out but I cannot see the option anywhere on my watch. Any ideas? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I have the Galaxy Watch 4. I'm sure I read that the shuffle function for offline music has now been rolled out but I cannot see the option anywhere on my watch.    Any ideas? ...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution High data usage without Spotify on and library disapear

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung S8+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueLast month Spotify use 17.8 gig and the first 7 days of this month it's already at 3.76 gig. My settings are set for wifi download only and I have my personal librar...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung S8+ Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Last month Spotify use 17.8 gig and the first 7 days of this month it's already at 3.76 g...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App showing title of one same song

PlanPremiumCountryHungaryíDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 9 My Question or IssueHi folks, interesting issue here. It appears when I close the spotify app and reopen it. After I open the app, the part of the screen that is supposed to show the title of the ...

• Plan Premium Country Hungaryí Device Samsung Galaxy Note 9     My Question or Issue Hi folks, interesting issue here. It appears when I close the spotify app and reopen it. After I...
  • Gwen5
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No import button on Android device.

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceHuawei Mate 20 proOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI don't have the option of importing my own music on my Huawei Mate 20 pro. My friend has a button called " add your own music from this device". I can't fin...

•   Plan Premium Country Germany Device Huawei Mate 20 pro Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I don't have the option of importing my own music on my Huawei Mate 20 pr...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Queueing From Within a Filtered Playlist Changes Song list

The problem hapens in the following order: - Start playing from within a playlist- Filter within the playlist (such as typing an artist name)- Queue a song from within the filtered list Now, after the song is done, instead of playing from the full li...

• Casual Listener
  •   The problem hapens in the following order:   - Start playing from within a playlist - Filter within the playlist (such as typing an artist name) - Queue a song from within the filter...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App is redownloading the library every day

Hi guys, i found the corresponding thread from 2019 which was immediately closed. The app is re downloading the entire library every single day when I´m in my WiFi. Any solutions to this? (I am using a Huawei, up to date Android) Thanks.

• Hi guys,   i found the corresponding thread from 2019 which was immediately closed.   The app is re downloading the entire library every single day when I´m in my WiFi.  &nbs...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Browse] Offline songs wrong order

I am a premium user with a galaxy s7.Albums I have downloaded only play in order when I am online.If I try select an album offline a few of the first songs don't show up, scrolling down doesn't get rid of the artwork and songs that show up are often ...

• Visitor
  • I am a premium user with a galaxy s7. Albums I have downloaded only play in order when I am online. If I try select an album offline a few of the first songs don't show up, scrolling down doesn't g...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Browse
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Other] How can I fix the App stopping part way through songs?

About 40 ish seconds into a song the app stops the song (not pause, but stop). I'd like to fix it. I've tried updating and reinstalling the app. I'm on an Android phone and it isn't happening with other apps.

• About 40 ish seconds into a song the app stops the song (not pause, but stop). I'd like to fix it. I've tried updating and reinstalling the app. I'm on an Android phone and it isn't happening with ot...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App keeps crashing by adding songs to playlists

I already did a fabric reset on my phone and Spotify keeps crashing after adding songs to playlists several times. I closed the app and the music kept playing. I wasn't able to pause via notif and reopen the app. Even after cleaning the system the mu...

• Casual Listener
  • I already did a fabric reset on my phone and Spotify keeps crashing after adding songs to playlists several times. I closed the app and the music kept playing. I wasn't able to pause via notif and re...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Upper screen area cut off on monoceiver (car device)

My Question or Issue With the Spotify app, the upper screen area is always cut off on the monoceiver (car device).In the screenshots you can see:-The Gerärt has no HW buttons, but there is a "device specific bar" on the top of the screen.-Other apps ...

PXL_20210909_112257050.jpg PXL_20210909_112307530.jpg PXL_20210909_112236205.MP.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue   With the Spotify app, the upper screen area is always cut off on the monoceiver (car device). In the screenshots you can see: -The Gerärt has no HW buttons, but there ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music stops on lockscreen

Music Stops on note9 lockscreen. The app is not being optimized, nor is background data disable. Only spotify has this problem.

• Visitor
  • Music Stops on note9 lockscreen. The app is not being optimized, nor is background data disable. Only spotify has this problem.
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Playlists] Manual Blacklist

At the moment, users cannot view which songs/artists they've chosen to blacklist.Blacklists also expire, meaning if I don't like a certain group & I tell you, after a year I'll have to reblacklist that group again.Besides, the feature of blacklisting...

• Casual Listener
  • At the moment, users cannot view which songs/artists they've chosen to blacklist. Blacklists also expire, meaning if I don't like a certain group & I tell you, after a year I'll have to reblackl...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

License keeps expiring

Hi For the last week or so every time I open the app to listen offline, none of my tracks are available to play. When I go to settings, it informs me that my license to play offline has expired. I've connected my phone to my wifi to re-obtain the lic...

• Music Fan
  • Hi 🙂   For the last week or so every time I open the app to listen offline, none of my tracks are available to play. When I go to settings, it informs me that my license to play offline has...
  • 5kidsmom61
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Strange Mobile Issue

I've had this recent issue on my phone (no other device) where I can't access my playlists unless they're in the home tab. My liked songs are gone, and music refuses to play. It's kind of treating my account like it's new even though it seems to know...

• I've had this recent issue on my phone (no other device) where I can't access my playlists unless they're in the home tab. My liked songs are gone, and music refuses to play. It's kind of treating my...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: "Missing Playlist" when clicking on "Go to Song Radio"

OnePlus 9 device, was just able to do song radios until about ten minutes ago

• OnePlus 9 device, was just able to do song radios until about ten minutes ago 
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't login, receiving "You're offline" message

For some reason I was logged out of my Spotify app. When trying to log back in, I receive the "You're offline" message. Obviously I have internet so I click "OK" and try again, and get the same prompt, up until there's a new prompt to open my email a...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason I was logged out of my Spotify app. When trying to log back in, I receive the "You're offline" message. Obviously I have internet so I click "OK" and try again, and get the same promp...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    login issue
    login issues
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Connect - volume and timeline greyed out on Windows when playing through Android

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiBasso DX300 and Samsung S2 tabletOperating SystemAndroid 7 and 9, Win10 My Question or IssueWhen controlling on Win10 and playing through Android the volume and timeline sliders are greyed out. I think they worked before. T...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iBasso DX300 and Samsung S2 tablet Operating System Android 7 and 9, Win10   My Question or Issue When controlling on Win10 and playing through Android t...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Connect
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes