Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mysterious 'other devices' connected

Solved!

Mysterious 'other devices' connected

Every once in a while when I'm listening to music, I'll notice that other devices are connected. Each time its a new device name, but its always another cellphone and in my recently played music I find a lot of hop hop and R&B that I never listened to that this mystery device will have played on my account. Nobody else knows my account information and I've already tried logging out everywhere. I had to cancel my payments just in case as I am worried that they could find my billing information, but I will likely renew subscription when this is resolved. It's a little annoying and concerning having someone else I don't know using my account without permission, is there a way to stop other devices from connecting to my account or find out who it is? Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Sounds like someone has access to your account.

I would suggest you to change your password (https://spotify.com/account ) and to Logout everywhere afterwards.

To logout everywhere, please go to your account page, and click the Sign out everywhere button to logout all devices that are connected to your account.

Hope it helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Sounds like someone has access to your account.

I would suggest you to change your password (https://spotify.com/account ) and to Logout everywhere afterwards.

To logout everywhere, please go to your account page, and click the Sign out everywhere button to logout all devices that are connected to your account.

Hope it helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Sorry for the slow reply. I logged out everywhere again and changed my password, I hope it works. I'll keep you updated, thank you. 🙂

Well, no more incidents as of yet so I'll assume changing my password worked after all. Thank you.

Great! You're welcome.
BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts