Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to purchase Premium

Hey guys, i cant purchase Premium. It says "please activate JavaScript" but its alread activatet. Can you help me pls?

• Hey guys, i cant purchase Premium. It says "please activate JavaScript" but its alread activatet. Can you help me pls?
  • weirdtunguska
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • paypal
    Premium
    purchase
    spotif
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Devices not showing up for external play

Is anyone aware of a way of forcing a refresh on the "devices available" list. If I leave my house (Wi-Fi net 1) for the day and return after work(net 2) it refuses point blank to show my receiver and hangs on to my work computer. I can check the lis...

• Casual Listener
  • Is anyone aware of a way of forcing a refresh on the "devices available" list. If I leave my house (Wi-Fi net 1) for the day and return after work(net 2) it refuses point blank to show my receiver an...
  • Coyoteboyuk
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App won't work when connected to wifi

Every time I am connected to wifi or 4g the app plays for a few seconds and closes. I've tried reinstalling and on off etc but the only way I can listen to music is when in airplane mode with out it closing and restarting by its self. It's very frust...

• Visitor
  • Every time I am connected to wifi or 4g the app plays for a few seconds and closes. I've tried reinstalling and on off etc but the only way I can listen to music is when in airplane mode with out it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • close
    Connection issues on app
    Help me!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Beta for Moto X Pure Edition crushes for no reason and

I'm using a Moto X Pure Edition 2015, and have been using the beta Spotify for a while. In recent versions (now it's 4.1.0.860 Beta), the app always randomly crushes for no reason. Whenever I'm offline or online, the app just suddenly crushes and mus...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using a Moto X Pure Edition 2015, and have been using the beta Spotify for a while. In recent versions (now it's 4.1.0.860 Beta), the app always randomly crushes for no reason. Whenever I'm offli...
  • mcmickeyyue
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

involuntary shutdown

I have Spotify on my note 5 and after a bit of continued listening, my app closes. It's a bit annoying especially if I'm in the middle of a great song and it shuts off. Please help me.

• I have Spotify on my note 5 and after a bit of continued listening, my app closes. It's a bit annoying especially if I'm in the middle of a great song and it shuts off. Please help me.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    shut down
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant share...

I can't seem to share anything with other spotify users. My wife and I have a family account. I've followed her but when I try to share a playlist with her, the send button never activates. I'm typing in her username exactly as it appears on the scre...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't seem to share anything with other spotify users. My wife and I have a family account. I've followed her but when I try to share a playlist with her, the send button never activates. I'm typin...
  • mybyproxy
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All my downloads disappeared

I have Spotify premium and had dozens of albums downloaded to my phone. I was in the middle of listening to one downloaded album on the subway -- possibly with an intermittent network connection -- when it stopped playing. When I looked at my phone, ...

• Regular
  • I have Spotify premium and had dozens of albums downloaded to my phone. I was in the middle of listening to one downloaded album on the subway -- possibly with an intermittent network connection...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Problem with the playback!?

I use Spotify Premium on my Sony Xperia E. Everytime when I play a song, the song starts and one second later, the song is loud and directly afterwards, its normal again and continues flawless. I don't know whether it's up to the bad performance of m...

• I use Spotify Premium on my Sony Xperia E. Everytime when I play a song, the song starts and one second later, the song is loud and directly afterwards, its normal again and continues flawless. I don...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists won't download to SD card for love nor money!

I've tried removing the app, deleting the cache folders manually, deleting it from within the app, I've tried creating space on both SD and internal memory. But no matter what, Spotify still wants to download to the phones memory? I have - 16gb inter...

• Casual Listener
  • I've tried removing the app, deleting the cache folders manually, deleting it from within the app, I've tried creating space on both SD and internal memory. But no matter what, Spotify still wants to...
  • tryatt
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify deleting offline tracks

I was so upset Spoify have deleted most of my offline tracks. I just wonder why Spotify do this ? Consuquently, I have cancelled my Premium Membership after many years. I won't miss the constant nagging updates , the poor quality sound of the music a...

• Music Fan
  • I was so upset Spoify have deleted most of  my offline tracks.  I just wonder why Spotify do this ? Consuquently, I have cancelled my  Premium Membership after many years. I won't miss...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify parando de funcionar

Depois de 15 min ele para de funcionar sozinho

• Depois de 15 min ele para de funcionar sozinho
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Common Android Problem, Duplicate Android Devices as Offline Devices

Device Brand: SamsungDevice Model: Galaxy Note 4Device OS Version: 5.0.1Spotify App Version: 4.1.0.868 I've seen a bunch of posts with no resolution for this issue. Occasionally all of the playlists I mark as available offline get reset and turn gray...

• Device Brand: Samsung Device Model: Galaxy Note 4 Device OS Version: 5.0.1 Spotify App Version: 4.1.0.868   I've seen a bunch of posts with no resolution for this issue.   Occasional...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

cannot log on to spotify

After updating spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S6 i now cant log in, i get the error message that i am tryingto log into spotify from a different country. i have checked my account profile and it says my country is the UK which is correct, i then tried ...

• After updating spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S6 i now cant log in, i get the error message that i am tryingto log into spotify from a different country. i have checked my account profile and it says m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Running option not available on version 4.1.0.868

I recently got the Nexus 6P. Just updated to version 4.1.0.868 and the running option is still not available. Is it the phone or the Marshmallow that is causing it?

• I recently got the Nexus 6P.  Just updated to version 4.1.0.868 and the running option is still not available.  Is it the phone or the Marshmallow that is causing it?      
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

all my music got undownloaded and now i cant download it again

so the other day i notced all my saved music that i had downloaded had suddenly become not available offline even though all the albums/playlists still had the available offline option turned on. i havent been able to fix this problem at all and all ...

• so the other day i notced all my saved music that i had downloaded had suddenly become not available offline even though all the albums/playlists still had the available offline option turned on. i h...
  • LancelotJ
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

REQUEST: Sort Playlist by Date Added

Please please developers add a sort function by recent to oldest and oldest to recent in the playlist of the Android App. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Please please developers add a sort function by recent to oldest and oldest to recent in the playlist of the Android App. Thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I have premium but can only shuffle play?

Hi, I have Spotify premium but can only use shuffle play from my phone (Samsung S6). Why is this?ThanksJohn

• Hi, I have Spotify premium but can only use shuffle play from my phone (Samsung S6). Why is this? Thanks John
  • madmonkey23
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

account

I need to give my c card info for payments. I have premium but can't listen while in NetFlix????

• Visitor
  • I need to give my c card info for payments. I have premium but can't listen while in NetFlix????
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can`t pass log in with facebook on my new htc one

Hi, I've been using premium for quite a few months on iphone 4. Last week I lost my phone. So I bought a htc one an installed spotify and facebook yesterday. Facebook runs without any problems, that means i can log in with my facebook account without...

• Casual Listener
  • ...he second step the app asks tells me that spotify wants access to the following: public profile, friends list, e-mail, birthday and hometown. I cofirm this too. But than the app brings me back to the s...
  • jimdaubner
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

App keeps crashing

My spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S5 keeps crashing as soon as I log in even if I try logging into a different account. I have reinstalled the app numerous times as well as reset my phone. Does anyone know what else I can do or who I can contact ab...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S5 keeps crashing as soon as I log in even if I try logging into a different account. I have reinstalled the app numerous times as well as rese...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes