Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Tablet free mode doesnt select songs

Greetings, I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (which has an 8.4" screen). My problem is that since the latest two upgrades I can't seem to select songs on my tablet and it only let's me play on shuffle mode. Is there any way to fix this?

• Greetings,  I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (which has an 8.4" screen). My problem is that since the latest two upgrades I can't seem to select songs on my tablet and it only let's me play on...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Screen blanks while listening

Is there a way to stop the screen from going dark while driving? I would like the screen to stay on if I am charging phone and driving. Thank you!

• Visitor
  • Is there a way to stop the screen from going dark while driving? I would like the screen to stay on if I am charging phone and driving. Thank you!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

stops playing on premium

Samsung galaxy s5Upgraded to premium in the hope the issue of randomly stopping after 15mins would resolve but this hasn't been the case.Very disappointed. Please help.

• Casual Listener
  • Samsung galaxy s5 Upgraded to premium in the hope the issue of randomly stopping after 15mins would resolve but this hasn't been the case. Very disappointed. Please help.
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stops Playing

Brief description of the issue: Spotify stops playing randomlySteps to reproduce the issue: Happens at randomWhat steps you’ve tried already: Switching from WiFi to mobile, then back to WiFi restarts play backSamsung Galaxy S5 Android 5.1.1Premium Su...

• Brief description of the issue: Spotify stops playing randomly Steps to reproduce the issue: Happens at random What steps you’ve tried already: Switching from WiFi to mobile, then back to WiFi ...
  • karlab3
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect

Recently the spotify connect on my android phone has not been showing up so i connect it to my windows computer and there are updated to the newest version as well?

• Recently the spotify connect on my android phone has not been showing up so i connect it to my windows computer  and there are updated to the newest version as well?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! App won't open

Hello there, my spotify app will not let me open it. It tells me app not responding and I report it but nothing is being done to be fixed. I don't know if it's my phone or just the app. It was working perfectly fine in the beginning go the year now i...

• Hello there, my spotify app will not let me open it. It tells me app not responding and I report it but nothing is being done to be fixed. I don't know if it's my phone or just the app. It was workin...
  • bubbamoon123
  • 20 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Account billing

Hi, I have had spotify for about a year now through my phone plan, FIDO. For the last few months I have been getting charged for spotify seperately. I was wondering how I can stop this, but also how to get reimbursed for the previous charges. I shoul...

• Hi,   I have had spotify for about a year now through my phone plan, FIDO. For the last few months I have been getting charged for spotify seperately. I was wondering how I can stop this, but ...
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app can't remember login credentials

Every time I start the app, it asks me to log in again. What gives? I'm not logging out, clearing data, or anything.

• Every time I start the app, it asks me to log in again. What gives? I'm not logging out, clearing data, or anything.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Better control over offline music

It's a bit annoying to pay $10 a month for something when the entire reason I pay for it is so I don't have to go pirate music. Spotify is a great replacement for MP3 players and iPods, however there seems to be a problem on mobile when you are like ...

• It's a bit annoying to pay $10 a month for something when the entire reason I pay for it is so I don't have to go pirate music. Spotify is a great replacement for MP3 players and iPods, however there...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

How to get own music covers on the phone?

Hey Guys! I just imported a few of my own songs into Spotify on PC and then synchronised the playlist to my phone. My problem is that the covers which are there on the PC arent visible on my phone what really bothers me... Does anybody know how to sy...

• Hey Guys!   I just imported a few of my own songs into Spotify on PC and then synchronised the playlist to my phone. My problem is that the covers which are there on the PC arent visible on my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.1.1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All these problems saving offline music to an SD card could be avoided...

If Spotify would just implement the option to point it's offline music to the SD card. There are hundreds of posts with complicated directions on getting this feature to work. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. In all instances you have to re...

• Music Fan
  • If Spotify would just implement the option to point it's offline music to the SD card.    There are hundreds of posts with complicated directions on getting this feature to work. Sometime...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Music Pauses While Screen Lock is Active (bug)

I'm using a Moto G with Android 5.1 and while the phone is locked (Black screen, immediate lock with power button) the music plays as expected. But when I press the power to reactivate the screen, the music pauses. And it stays paused until I complet...

• I'm using a Moto G with Android 5.1 and while the phone is locked (Black screen, immediate lock with power button) the music plays as expected. But when I press the power to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • lock
    lockscreen
    pause
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't using Spotify with mobile date

Good morning!If I use Spotify over mobile data i get the message that I'm offline and hadn't any internet connection. It doesn't matter if I had LTE, HSDPA or Edge.Sometimes I can hear a half of a song and than it shows "You are Offline.."I use the n...

• Casual Listener
  • Good morning! If I use Spotify over mobile data i get the message that I'm offline and hadn't any internet connection. It doesn't matter if I had LTE, HSDPA or Edge. Sometimes I can hear a half o...
  • Jon_UK
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred Playlist broken / wrong sorting?

Hi, the Starred playlist on my Xperia Z3 is kind of broken. Now the oldest songs are listed first and the newer ones last. Before it was the other way around. Can I change that? Thanks.

• Regular
  • Hi,   the Starred playlist on my Xperia Z3 is kind of broken. Now the oldest songs are listed first and the newer ones last. Before it was the other way around. Can I change that?   Tha...
  • b1g1m0t
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlists Not Saving Offline?

I have an LG G4 that I recently had to factory reset. Spotify worked fine before this. Now it will claim to download a playlist completely but it will not play it offline. The SD card has over 400 GB (Yes, four hundred) of space free. The card works ...

• I have an LG G4 that I recently had to factory reset. Spotify worked fine before this.    Now it will claim to download a playlist completely but it will not play it offline. The SD card ...
  • nsiak
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Offline Access
    Playlists
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist Radio not working

Noticed this problem today. When I try to start a playlist radio from any of my playlists, an error appears "Sorry. This radio station can't be started. Please try another station."Anyone know a way around this? Never had this problem before, and I e...

• Casual Listener
  • Noticed this problem today. When I try to start a playlist radio from any of my playlists, an error appears "Sorry. This radio station can't be started. Please try another station." Anyone know a ...
  • jhstones2
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Radio for Classical and Jazz not working

I get a giant exclamation mark saying "Radio station error".Same on my wife's phone.Other radio stations seen okay

• Regular
  • I get a giant exclamation mark saying "Radio station error". Same on my wife's phone. Other radio stations seen okay
  • marcusbabajews
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • classical music
    Jazz
    Radio Stations
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Android 4.4.2 Statusbar and invisible spotify buttons

Im using Android 4.4.2 Kitkat with Huawei 360Y, and when im trying to use miniplayer's controls (statusbar), this is all i see. Well, sure after few days i know what are those buttons, but it would be nice to have fix for this. And oh yes, i have nov...

Screenshot_2015-11-26-21-54-14.png
  • Music Fan
  • Im using Android 4.4.2 Kitkat with Huawei 360Y, and when im trying to use miniplayer's controls (statusbar), this is all i see. Well, sure after few days i know what are those buttons, but it would b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Locale music from my PC won't be downloaded to my phone.

Hi everybody,on my PC i have added some lokale mp3s to Spotify. After that i moved them into a playlist, then i connected my phone to the WLAN and started the Spotify App. After pressing the "download button" the download of the Spotify songs starts,...

• Hi everybody, on my PC i have added some lokale mp3s to Spotify. After that i moved them into a playlist, then i connected my phone to the WLAN and started the Spotify App. After pressing the "dow...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

all Spotify songs are locked

I woke up today wanting to listen to Drake, or A day to remember and I can't cause all the sings are locked.

• Casual Listener
  • I woke up today wanting to listen to Drake, or A day to remember and I can't cause all the sings are locked.
  • Justinvb1996
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes