Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile app; playlist problem

Hello Since the last update my playlist keeps on refreshing from the beginning of the list every time i pop it back up after a went to my home screen or a other app.So when i re-open the app it automatically scrolls to the beginning of my playlist in...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   Since the last update my playlist keeps on refreshing from the beginning of the list every time i pop it back up after a went to my home screen or a other app. So when i re-open the a...
  • roycallant
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Not Allowed Sign In

I'm Having Trouble With My App, When I Try To Sign In It Tells Me My Username Or Password Is Incorrect, I've Tried Resetting Password Numerous Times To No Avail, Can Anyone Shed Any Light On This?

• I'm Having Trouble With My App, When I Try To Sign In It Tells Me My Username Or Password Is Incorrect, I've Tried Resetting Password Numerous Times To No Avail, Can Anyone Shed Any Light On This?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs

I want the songs that I download to show up in my music player of choice weather it be the stock android player or a 3rd party player that one feature alone that I could not do ended my choice for premium subscription if u can get this to work I know...

• Casual Listener
  • I want the songs that I download to show up in my music player of choice weather it be the stock android player or a 3rd party player that one feature alone that I could not do ended my choice for pr...
  • Icey9
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs play on windows but won't play on android

Hey, so I just got the premium service of spotify since it came to Canada and I've been looking forward to having this app for a while now. However I'm running into an issue that is making me think about downgrading myservice. I've imported my playli...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, so I just got the premium service of spotify since it came to Canada and I've been looking forward to having this app for a while now. However I'm running into an issue that is making me think a...
  • snakefoot
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

ALAC and Android

I just imported all my CD's on to my computer, in ALAC through iTunes, and it plays well on my PC through Spotify. But when I export them to my Android phone, they won't play. I see other people made comments about this issue 2½ years ago, but with n...

• Visitor
  • I just imported all my CD's on to my computer, in ALAC through iTunes, and it plays well on my PC through Spotify. But when I export them to my Android phone, they won't play. I see other people made...
  • snakefoot
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

ALAC bug still there!

Dear Spotify staff, what's the whole point of synchronizing ALAC (Apple Loseless Audio Codec) files if the Android client can't play them back? I know this bug (and missing feature) has been reported time ago, but it is still there. Every other optio...

• Music Fan
  • Dear Spotify staff,   what's the whole point of synchronizing ALAC (Apple Loseless Audio Codec) files if the Android client can't play them back?   I know this bug (and missing feat...
  • snakefoot
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify Android App will not play Local Files (M4A / ALAC)

I have created a Playlist and made it "Available offline" on Spotify Destop (Windows 10), and retrieved it on my android tablet (Samsung Tab3 Wifi). Spotify Desktop will properly recognize M4A / ALAC files and play these fine locally (When 16 bit). A...

• Music Fan
  • I have created a Playlist and made it "Available offline" on Spotify Destop (Windows 10), and retrieved it on my android tablet (Samsung Tab3 Wifi).   Spotify Desktop will properly recognize M...
  • snakefoot
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs saved for offline play aren't available offline

As the topic says, I have a bunch of music saved for offline play, however, I often notice that they're not. I frequently get up in the morning and notice before I go to work that Spotify is downloading hundreds of songs, and they're all songs that I...

• As the topic says, I have a bunch of music saved for offline play, however, I often notice that they're not. I frequently get up in the morning and notice before I go to work that Spotify is download...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • data manipulation
    data usage
    data usage on wifi
    Offline Content
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Random shuffle only, not able to advance to next song - problem with Android only

On my desktop version of Spotify, I am able to advance to the next song. With my android version I am not. The only thing that shows up is "Random Shuffle" no option to skip to next song.

• Casual Listener
  • On my desktop version of Spotify, I am able to advance to the next song. With my android version I am not. The only thing that shows up is "Random Shuffle" no option to skip to next song.
  • blazeparson
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Closing application.

Good morning, how do I stop being Beta? The application this very bad on my Galaxy note 4 it is closing all the time. I want to go back to normal application.

• Music Fan
  • Good morning, how do I stop being Beta? The application this very bad on my Galaxy note 4 it is closing all the time. I want to go back to normal application.
  • jonasherdegen
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

återlställning av lösenord både på laptoppen och mobilen

Jag har stött på lite utmaningar med Spotify och därför avinstalllerade jag appen och installlerade på den igen. Här måste något ha gått fel eftersom jag inte kunde logga in i appen efter ominstallationen. Gjorde som det står och begärde ett nytt lös...

• Jag har stött på lite utmaningar med Spotify och därför avinstalllerade jag appen och installlerade på den igen. Här måste något ha gått fel eftersom jag inte kunde logga in i appen efter ominstallat...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The "term of use" popup comes again and again

Hello, Since the last update, i can no longer use the app. A popup ask me to accept the change of the term of use. Screenshot : https://imgur.com/8P0O6lN (Fun fact, the second and third paragraph are exactly the same.)It's in French. Anyway, when I a...

• Hello,   Since the last update, i can no longer use the app. A popup ask me to accept the change of the term of use.    Screenshot : https://imgur.com/8P0O6lN (Fun fact, the s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My music and playlists not showing up on my mobile

I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S6 and now my music doesn't show up in the spotify app. I am logged in and see only one album of many in " my music". Used to work fine. What has happened?

• Casual Listener
  • I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S6 and now my music doesn't show up in the spotify app. I am logged in and see only one album of many in " my music". Used to work fine. What has happened?
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

genre radio

in android app there seems to be a problem with several genre radio stationstested not working stationsbluesheavy metalreggae these stations reportfel på radiostationendet går ej att läsa in stationen just nu. försök igen senareall other genre statio...

• Casual Listener
  • in android app there seems to be a problem with several genre radio stations tested not working stations blues heavy metal reggae   these stations report fel på radiostationen det går ej...
  • drzap
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • tviify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify constantly deletes GBs of offline tracks on my android

I accidentally download an album on my pc on spotify and my offline tracks on my phone deleted. It seems normal bur the problem is i don't have a third device. So ı didn't violate the device limit. So why the hell my 25 gb of archive just wiped? I ha...

• Regular
  • I accidentally download an album on my pc on spotify and my offline tracks on my phone deleted. It seems normal bur the problem is i don't have a third device. So ı didn't violate the device limit. S...
  • fozcam
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Where did my premium a count go?

Help! Woke up this morning and had to sign in. Submitted email address but it sent me details for my old account with ads. Can't remember my Premium account login details. I want my Premium account back! What can I do???Rae

• Visitor
  • Help! Woke up this morning and had to sign in. Submitted email address but it sent me details for my old account with ads. Can't remember my Premium account login details. I want my Premium account b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Data storage limit?

Dear all,My app runs on a Android. My cell phone has over 5gb of free space and my Spotify app is not even 1gb heavy. I'm not even close to the 3k songs limit, I doubt if I have 100.But anyways my app says it cannot perform a download because there i...

• Dear all, My app runs on a Android. My cell phone has over 5gb of free space and my Spotify app is not even 1gb heavy. I'm not even close to the 3k songs limit, I doubt if I have 100. But anywa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • storage
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Recover offline playlists from SD card

Yesterday I tried to get onto my spotify account offline, but for some reason it had logged me out. Later in the day when I finally had WiFi I logged in, but the app told me that I had used spotify on too many devices so removed all my offline playli...

• Yesterday I tried to get onto my spotify account offline, but for some reason it had logged me out. Later in the day when I finally had WiFi I logged in, but the app told me that I had used spotify o...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Offline Content
    SD-card
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Slow Download

Hello guys.I have noticed something funny with my spotify. I had to change my old microsd to a new one and all of sudden when I downloaded the spotify app and tried to sync my playlist and stuff, It's soooooooooooooooooooooo slow, it took 10 mins to ...

• Hello guys. I have noticed something funny with my spotify. I had to change my old microsd to a new one and all of sudden when I downloaded the spotify app and tried to sync my playlist and stuff, I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Running feature doesn't show up when signed in as particular user

Spotify Running does not show up when I sign in to Spotify. If I sign in as another user, on the same device, the feature is available. If I then sign back out and sign in again as my normal user, it is again missing. This has been true on a Moto X d...

• Spotify Running does not show up when I sign in to Spotify. If I sign in as another user, on the same device, the feature is available. If I then sign back out and sign in again as my normal use...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes