Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Running option not available on version 4.1.0.868

I recently got the Nexus 6P. Just updated to version 4.1.0.868 and the running option is still not available. Is it the phone or the Marshmallow that is causing it?

• I recently got the Nexus 6P.  Just updated to version 4.1.0.868 and the running option is still not available.  Is it the phone or the Marshmallow that is causing it?      
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

all my music got undownloaded and now i cant download it again

so the other day i notced all my saved music that i had downloaded had suddenly become not available offline even though all the albums/playlists still had the available offline option turned on. i havent been able to fix this problem at all and all ...

• so the other day i notced all my saved music that i had downloaded had suddenly become not available offline even though all the albums/playlists still had the available offline option turned on. i h...
  • LancelotJ
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

REQUEST: Sort Playlist by Date Added

Please please developers add a sort function by recent to oldest and oldest to recent in the playlist of the Android App. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Please please developers add a sort function by recent to oldest and oldest to recent in the playlist of the Android App. Thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I have premium but can only shuffle play?

Hi, I have Spotify premium but can only use shuffle play from my phone (Samsung S6). Why is this?ThanksJohn

• Hi, I have Spotify premium but can only use shuffle play from my phone (Samsung S6). Why is this? Thanks John
  • madmonkey23
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

account

I need to give my c card info for payments. I have premium but can't listen while in NetFlix????

• Visitor
  • I need to give my c card info for payments. I have premium but can't listen while in NetFlix????
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can`t pass log in with facebook on my new htc one

Hi, I've been using premium for quite a few months on iphone 4. Last week I lost my phone. So I bought a htc one an installed spotify and facebook yesterday. Facebook runs without any problems, that means i can log in with my facebook account without...

• Casual Listener
  • ...he second step the app asks tells me that spotify wants access to the following: public profile, friends list, e-mail, birthday and hometown. I cofirm this too. But than the app brings me back to the s...
  • jimdaubner
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

App keeps crashing

My spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S5 keeps crashing as soon as I log in even if I try logging into a different account. I have reinstalled the app numerous times as well as reset my phone. Does anyone know what else I can do or who I can contact ab...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S5 keeps crashing as soon as I log in even if I try logging into a different account. I have reinstalled the app numerous times as well as rese...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a fix for the Samsung SoundAlive bug?

If you're not familiar with the problem, it's that the volume fluctuates when listening to Spotify. I've seen a few posts on this and one person determined that it was SoundAlive causing the issue, which it is. Disabling this keeps the volume at a co...

• Casual Listener
  • If you're not familiar with the problem, it's that the volume fluctuates when listening to Spotify. I've seen a few posts on this and one person determined that it was SoundAlive causing the issue, w...
  • TommyPT
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

download music to phone

How do I download music to my galaxy s6 edge??

• Casual Listener
  • How do I download music to my galaxy s6 edge??
  • jonasherdegen
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App Acting Up

Over the last 2 or 3 weeks, I've noticed that Spotify has been acting up on my phone. When I unplug my headphones from my phone, it no longer pauses the music but instead starts playing through my phone speakers. If I am listening to Spotify and I an...

• Over the last 2 or 3 weeks, I've noticed that Spotify has been acting up on my phone. When I unplug my headphones from my phone, it no longer pauses the music but instead starts playing thr...
  • iankhunter
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Last update does not work with Ford Sync with Applink

Spotify has been working all right with the Ford Sync with applink in my car (C-MAX, late 2014). However, with the last update of the Spotify app from Play Store, just a few days ago, it has stopped working, because it is not detected by the car. Eve...

• Spotify has been working all right with the Ford Sync with applink in my car (C-MAX, late 2014). However, with the last update of the Spotify app from Play Store, just a few days ago, it has stopped ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist always jumps to top

Hello everyone,I really hope this isnt Spotify 101, but I dont think so. I am not that bad with the search function, nor with google but I cannot find a solution to this. Whenever I play a song somewhere down my playlist, when I minimize the song to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone, I really hope this isnt Spotify 101, but I dont think so. I am not that bad with the search function, nor with google but I cannot find a solution to this. Whenever I play a song s...
  • ollesdotter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Favorite" playlist hidden

Hello,Since a few weeks, the "my favorite" playlist is hidden on android application.When I try from my Linux version on desktop, it's OK, but I can't find it anymore on the last Android version.I've tried to use different filters to see it but it's ...

• Hello, Since a few weeks, the "my favorite" playlist is hidden on android application. When I try from my Linux version on desktop, it's OK, but I can't find it anymore on the last Android versio...
  • ollesdotter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sort by date

Hello, is it possible to sort a playlist by date? Like you can on a computer? Sony Xperia Z5Android version 5.1.1Latest Spotify version running Thanks in advance Jonathan

• Regular
  • Hello, is it possible to sort a playlist by date? Like you can on a computer?   Sony Xperia Z5 Android version 5.1.1 Latest Spotify version running    Thanks in advance  Jo...
  • jonteePersson96
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile app; playlist problem

Hello Since the last update my playlist keeps on refreshing from the beginning of the list every time i pop it back up after a went to my home screen or a other app.So when i re-open the app it automatically scrolls to the beginning of my playlist in...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   Since the last update my playlist keeps on refreshing from the beginning of the list every time i pop it back up after a went to my home screen or a other app. So when i re-open the a...
  • roycallant
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Not Allowed Sign In

I'm Having Trouble With My App, When I Try To Sign In It Tells Me My Username Or Password Is Incorrect, I've Tried Resetting Password Numerous Times To No Avail, Can Anyone Shed Any Light On This?

• I'm Having Trouble With My App, When I Try To Sign In It Tells Me My Username Or Password Is Incorrect, I've Tried Resetting Password Numerous Times To No Avail, Can Anyone Shed Any Light On This?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs

I want the songs that I download to show up in my music player of choice weather it be the stock android player or a 3rd party player that one feature alone that I could not do ended my choice for premium subscription if u can get this to work I know...

• Casual Listener
  • I want the songs that I download to show up in my music player of choice weather it be the stock android player or a 3rd party player that one feature alone that I could not do ended my choice for pr...
  • Icey9
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs play on windows but won't play on android

Hey, so I just got the premium service of spotify since it came to Canada and I've been looking forward to having this app for a while now. However I'm running into an issue that is making me think about downgrading myservice. I've imported my playli...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, so I just got the premium service of spotify since it came to Canada and I've been looking forward to having this app for a while now. However I'm running into an issue that is making me think a...
  • snakefoot
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

ALAC and Android

I just imported all my CD's on to my computer, in ALAC through iTunes, and it plays well on my PC through Spotify. But when I export them to my Android phone, they won't play. I see other people made comments about this issue 2½ years ago, but with n...

• Visitor
  • I just imported all my CD's on to my computer, in ALAC through iTunes, and it plays well on my PC through Spotify. But when I export them to my Android phone, they won't play. I see other people made...
  • snakefoot
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

ALAC bug still there!

Dear Spotify staff, what's the whole point of synchronizing ALAC (Apple Loseless Audio Codec) files if the Android client can't play them back? I know this bug (and missing feature) has been reported time ago, but it is still there. Every other optio...

• Music Fan
  • Dear Spotify staff,   what's the whole point of synchronizing ALAC (Apple Loseless Audio Codec) files if the Android client can't play them back?   I know this bug (and missing feat...
  • snakefoot
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes