Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Redmi 10x 5g (china rom)

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Mine and others name and profile picture does not show up when i try to view it. Happened all of a sudden. Some time ago this was not happening. This problem happens only when i search people and go to their profiles and mine. Artists images and name are displaying. In search box images are displaying, and when you click on the three dots to share the profilo too. Why this happens? How to fix? Spotify version is 8.4.74.463. Do not suggest me to update and use the new version with the new UI because i wont do it because i dont like it. In desktop version all works properly.

Screenshot_2021-12-03-20-17-33-592_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_2021-12-03-20-17-53-963_com.spotify.music.jpg
4 Replies

Hey there @Qw110

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome 🙂 

We understand where you're coming from. However, keep in mind that we only recommend using the latest version since we can't guarantee proper functionality if the app is not updated on your phone. 

We always recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app as a first step, as this often solves this type of issue and will also get you the most recent version.

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Novy 

I already done a clean reinstallation but the problem is always there. I also tried to log out and log in but neither this solved the problem

Hey @Qw110,

Thanks for keeping us posted on this.

We release updates frequently to patch up known issues with the app. With older versions it can happen that certain functionalities stop working to their full capacity. We're afraid we cannot guarantee the app's proper functionality when using an outdated version.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you out with.

Take care!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Elena. There's nothing i can do? Why it happens? Before it was all ok, then in point and blank it does not work anymore.

Suggested posts