Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Android ICS beta Application Available for Download

Solved!

New Android ICS beta Application Available for Download

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

After a quick run through the application, i am VERY excited about this update!

Nearly everything i wanted from a refreshed application, including the related artist feature!

Only thing missing is the radio feature, and i'm wondering why they leave it out? i suppose i could still make it to the final application - and it really should!

And it runs fantastic, with a modern look.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Here's some screenshots:

2012-04-19_11-00-38.png  2012-04-19_11-16-37.png

App is still missing some features, such as scrobbling (which was in the old one) and playlist folders (which wasn't, but is in iOS and WP7 versions) - but is still a beta.

Oh - and WE HAVE A LOCKSCREEN WIDGET!!!! Can't get a shot of it with my phone locked - but FINALLY!!

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Marked as solution

How did you get the lockscreen widget? I've installed the Beta and it's working fine but it hasn't added another option to lock-screen. Does it require a reboot?

Marked as solution

Any higher bitrate options availabe?  ive stopped using spotify mobile as audio quality is just awful.  Now converting my audio to high bitrate ogg files (avg 7mb a track), sound quality is much better....

Marked as solution

@Oatcake wrote:

How did you get the lockscreen widget? I've installed the Beta and it's working fine but it hasn't added another option to lock-screen. Does it require a reboot?

Just appeared for me. I have a One X - so using Sense lockscreen rather than stock

----------------

Marked as solution

@MrGrove wrote:

Any higher bitrate options availabe?  ive stopped using spotify mobile as audio quality is just awful.  Now converting my audio to high bitrate ogg files (avg 7mb a track), sound quality is much better....

There are options for streaming vs. download quality - low, medium and high

----------------

Marked as solution

I've got Sensation XE also with Sense and it didn't show up. But I'm now able to do the ICS update which should update Sense the same as the HTC One.

Marked as solution

Here's a shot of the lockscreen widget

2012-04-19_11-24-50.png

----------------

Marked as solution

Found 

@danielj58 wrote:

Yea I thought that too, but I've tried them all and no success. Yea the stock one is showing, and spotify is showing up under the stock music app (the one that lists all the media apps)

Tried a reboot and still nothing. I'll have a fiddle after work and see what I find.

Found the solution, also fixed my mates GNexus too. Clear the app data under settings and launch the app again (weirdly doesn't require you to log back in again?)

As I say, working on my HOX with sense and my friends GNexus on stock ICS. HTH.

Marked as solution

Found the solution, also fixed my mates GNexus too. Clear the app data under settings and launch the app again (weirdly doesn't require you to log back in again?)

danielj58

Confirmed, this worked for me on my Gnex

Marked as solution

Brilliant - added to my 'wishlist' thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/quot-Official-quot-new-application-beta-release-missi...

----------------

Marked as solution

I have been trying to sync my starred playlist which is like 550 songs and it starts fine over wifi and then I come back to my phone an hour Ater and it has stopped at some percentage. The sync pull down icon is gone and I have to force stop the app to get the sync to pick back up. My SD Card storage isn't anywhere near full. I am syncing the "extreme" version. Looks like this is my biggest issue. I have only seen the lock screen controls once, but that isn't a deal breaker for me seeing as this is such a vast improvement.

Marked as solution

Thanks ! 

It's working great Smiley Very Happy

Marked as solution

First of all : great update ! It improved stability & ergonomy alot !

Still I got a problem, after playing a while I got stuck on the Now Playing, could not use the sidepane to access playlists anymore. As already reported by Sheugel.

By the way I never saw the widget lockscreen at all !

Phone : Sony Ericsson - Xperia Ray (Android 2.3.4)

Marked as solution

Not sure if this is the right place to record this bug, but I noticed today that the app seems to think it is playing different songs - it was actually playing the one in the notification bar, but showing a different one in the app.

2012-05-29 17.29.29.png

Marked as solution

Bluetooth Headset (Samsung HS3000) doenst work correct.

Pause button works, but play doenst. Please fix it 😕

103 Replies
Marked as solution

After a quick run through the application, i am VERY excited about this update!

Nearly everything i wanted from a refreshed application, including the related artist feature!

Only thing missing is the radio feature, and i'm wondering why they leave it out? i suppose i could still make it to the final application - and it really should!

And it runs fantastic, with a modern look.

OK 

Maybe I am being stupid, but it does not seem to be pulling in my playlists.

Am I doing something wrong?

Marked as solution

Here's some screenshots:

2012-04-19_11-00-38.png  2012-04-19_11-16-37.png

App is still missing some features, such as scrobbling (which was in the old one) and playlist folders (which wasn't, but is in iOS and WP7 versions) - but is still a beta.

Oh - and WE HAVE A LOCKSCREEN WIDGET!!!! Can't get a shot of it with my phone locked - but FINALLY!!

----------------
Marked as solution

Marked as solution

Marked as solution

@Oatcake wrote:

Just appeared for me. I have a One X - so using Sense lockscreen rather than stock

----------------
Marked as solution

@MrGrove wrote:

----------------
Marked as solution

I've got Sensation XE also with Sense and it didn't show up. But I'm now able to do the ICS update which should update Sense the same as the HTC One.

Marked as solution

Here's a shot of the lockscreen widget

2012-04-19_11-24-50.png

----------------

Thank you - Great improvement - was time...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it just me, or is the normal, non-lockscreen widget missing?

(Samsung Galaxy Note, still gingerbread for a few weeks or so...)

Regards,

Tomas

You are right it is missing

@brostrom wrote:

Is it just me, or is the normal, non-lockscreen widget missing?

(Samsung Galaxy Note, still gingerbread for a few weeks or so...)

Regards,

Tomas

Also, regarding the lockscreen widget - this is not provided by the Spotify app. It seems the Spotify player now integrates with the standard Android APIs so that a third-party lockscreen music widget (in my case the one included with HTC Sense) can show music controls.

Dave

----------------

@licenced wrote:

Also, regarding the lockscreen widget - this is not provided by the Spotify app. It seems the Spotify player now integrates with the standard Android APIs so that a third-party lockscreen music widget (in my case the one included with HTC Sense) can show music controls.

Dave

Ooh. Does that mean a DLNA server app might recognise the new Spotify app as a renderer for streaming?

Spyke

Nice update. It even looks good on my Asus prime now.

Only thing that I am missing is that I would like to have controls in the notification slide just like with google music app. I can not see any screenlock widget either so maybe my spotify is corrupt.

But a very good update.

@MrGrove wrote:

@user-removed on Windows, Android (when it works) and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

But what do they mean?? What is High???

Same problem as the old app: no playlists showing up, despite having a premium account. This happens when I log in using my Spotify credentials. I refuse to ever log in using Facebook. Playlists are showing up just perfectly on the desktop client, by the way.

I uninstalled and then reinstalled and it solved that issue.

@yreuvekamp wrote:

Same problem as the old app: no playlists showing up, despite having a premium account. This happens when I log in using my Spotify credentials. I refuse to ever log in using Facebook. Playlists are showing up just perfectly on the desktop client, by the way.

Tried that several times, did not work.

Suggested posts