Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Device/Wiped Device? Download All... WHY NOT SPOTIFY? -_-

New Device/Wiped Device? Download All... WHY NOT SPOTIFY? -_-

So, I looked it up, and I see that if your artists/albums/playlists are saved on your account then you'll have them on the new account. Well that's great, but my family shares the one account, and I don't want to listen to all of their stuff when I go to re-download it. Now I have a rooted Android device, which is cool and all, but if I'm being honest, I like to wipe my phone every 3-6 months. It depends, but every time I do, I basically end up having to restart my Spotify/Music library because I do NOT want to go through all of my artists and albums and click the listen offline through like 100's upon 100's of songs/albums/artists/etc. How do you not have like a sync up button for the same device or a "New Phone? Transfer your songs!" feature? DO NOT REDIRECT ME to submit this to the New Ideas section. This shouldn't be a new idea. You guys are now like the biggest music provider in the world, even competing with the likes of iTunes, this should be available to all users, and can't be that hard of a thing to implement other than the fact that all of your music files are encrypted. Make an app that works with it, to transfer all the songs? Or a one click button? Or sub accounts under a main account like Netflix has (Not paying for a family plan for this feature, waste of money considering I listen to all my music offline anyways) so that the sub user can just click a "Download All Music" under just his sub-account. Anyways, this has to be implemented as it's getting ridiculous and I don't have a month to wait just to end up getting some corporate BS answer saying that you're looking into it, only to have to wait 6 months for this feature to be released. I see you have a closed beta feature for a limited number of users. Add it to that, invite me, so I can test it out FOR YOU, THOROUGHLY. Report back all the bugs.

If there was a way I could backup the files, that'd be AMAZING, but they're DRM protected so it's all locked to the same Android ID. Would backing them up on my current device, and restoring them to my current device under a new OS not technically still be the same Android ID? I would very much like an explanation as to why you are making people's lives so difficult if you're choosing to block it all out. This is why I don't buy Apple stuff. They're APPLE and APPLE ONLY type of products. 😛

Anyways I hope this doesn't just get ignored or sweeped under the rug. I hope that Spotify cares enough about it's customers because I think a Download All button for all of one's music would be a fantastic idea.

All the best,

PolskiPodcast

1 Reply

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly.

But how about you create one playlist with all your songs and when you are in a new/wiped device go to that playlist and click Available Offline.

Then sleect Offline mode in settings and that's all. You will be able to listen your just playlist.

Suggested posts