Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Spotify preview for Android

Solved!

New Spotify preview for Android

I have a couple of things on the new Spotify preview to mention.

Firstly: Awesome new interface, it looks great. I can't wait till this is stable. I love how you have nicely integrated into the Android 4.0 design documentation, it looks beautiful. I love things such as the new Artist pages and the new colour scheme. Looks great.

Now for some bad stuff...

1. What happened to "Library"? Why is this not there? The perfect answer to this would be "It's coming, its just not there in this version of the preview". Any other answer would be a rubbish one.

2. Orientation lock is a killer - this makes it impossible to use on my Transformer Prime as its almost always in the dock, and Spotify is locked to portrait, meaning its on its' side. You can technically use orientation control to stop this happening, and the app works perfectly like this, so why isn't it supported by default? You *need* this in before launch. This is a release blocker, in my opinion.

3. I think you could make better use of larger screens. Personally, I think that you could use a sidebar, or something similar to actually mean you were seeing more on the screen.

Apart from these issues, I think it is a great new version and it can only be good. But yeah. Do the first 2, otherwise I'll be so upset when this releases.

Oh, also there appears to be a bug where Spotify forgets it was in "shuffle" or "repeat" modes between reboots 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

mostly covered in the 'missing features and wishlist' thread here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/quot-Official-quot-new-application-beta-release-missi...

Dave

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,

mostly covered in the 'missing features and wishlist' thread here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/quot-Official-quot-new-application-beta-release-missi...

Dave

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Ahhh great thanks, didn't see that post...I apologise. I should know better than to not read the stickies. Sorry.

But yeah, loving it all apart from these issue. Oh, and the other ones mentioned in the post that I hadn't realised before. Another +1 for the notification bar controls as well, btw, very handy.

Suggested posts