Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New app will not install on a brand new HTC One V - please help!

Solved!

New app will not install on a brand new HTC One V - please help!

I've just purchased a new HTC One V and having set up the phone the first app I downloaded was Spotify. I was told it had sucessfully installed, but on opening the app I was faced with just a blank screen with a black bar along the top. 

I uninstalled the app, re-started, re-installed several times and the problem persisted. I then did a factory re-set, and had the same problem. 

What's going wrong?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I found the problem. The HTC ONE V box does not include a memorycard. Without the micro-SD Spotify won't start because of capasity. To get Spotify working, you need to buy a MicroSD memory card, and insert in your phone 😃

View solution in original post

6 Replies

bit extreme to do the factory reset. How long has the phone been out and in which country is the phone registered?

Just taken a look at that phone, and don't see any particular reason why it's not working. One thing you might want to try is to see if there are any updates for your Firmware. You can find out how to do this for you device on the HTC website, right here.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Try restarting your phone between installing the app and starting the app - it was pretty flaky for me until a phone reboot
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Thanks - but all software up to date. Tried restarting between installation and opening the app and that didn't help.

I have the exact same problem. My HTC ONE V won't open spotify, other than a blank screen and the bar at the top. Anybody? help?

Marked as solution

I found the problem. The HTC ONE V box does not include a memorycard. Without the micro-SD Spotify won't start because of capasity. To get Spotify working, you need to buy a MicroSD memory card, and insert in your phone 😃

Suggested posts