Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

New releases feed shows Something went wrong error message

New releases feed shows Something went wrong error message

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

For the last 1-2 months my new releases feed hasn't been working.

The bell icon shows a blue dot but that's it. Every time i open it, it shows a "Something went wrong"

There's a try again button but it doesn't load. 

I've tried clearing cache and even reinstalled the app a while ago but the issue wasn't fixed.

I've updated the app 2-4 times since the issue first occurred hoping it will get fixed but nothing's changed. Still getting this.

Screenshot_20220402-183951~2.png

Is there a way to fix this? 

38 Replies

Hey folks,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

As it worked properly using a different account and the location was already verified, it's possible that the issue might be account-related.

To make sure, could you check if this happens using your same account in a different mobile device? This will give us a better look at the issue and keep helping you further.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@OscarDC
Hello. I tried it on another device - LG Q6. Error has persisted.

I wrote about it earlier.
I also recently reset settings of main phone and installed application again, error persisted.
It has something to do with account.

My suggestion - is that I have been subscribed to podcasts.
Before Spotify left Russia, podcasts were turned off due to new "law".
Podcasts are not supported in Ukraine.
Perhaps because of this, an error occurs.

Hi @Yordan
I tried on a different wifi and also on mobile network. It doesnt solve the issue. Also unfollowed then followed a few artist randomly. Didnt work

Hey @WILDMAKC,

Thank you for keeping us updated. 

We've tried to replicate the issue on our side, but we couldn't. This issue might be related to podcasts subscription as they're not available in all countries. However, we'll need to grab more info about it.

@StylerSL and @mayankkumar, would you mind confirming if you have any subscriptions to podcasts that may interfere with the proper display of the "What's new" section?

We'll be waiting for your responses to keep investigating further. 

OscarDCModerator

Thanks for trying @Leamel!

Hmm, this could indeed be an account related issue as you pointed out in your original post. What we'd recommend is getting in touch with the folks over at Customer Support, who'll provide you with a test account so you can check if the issue is present there. If not, a workaround would be to create a new account, but don't worry - Customer Support will help you transfer your current one to it.

Hope you get this sorted out soon. Have a good one!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Thanks for the advice! I'll be contacting customer support and hopefully be able to solve this issue. Also im a plan manager of my family's spotify premium. Will that be affected while transferring my account?

I have the same problem. I used a Russian subscription in Russia, but now I have returned to my homeland in Ukraine and connected to the Ukrainian subscription. I also had podcast subscriptions. I've cleared the cache and uninstalled the app, nothing helped.

Android 12.

Google Pixel 4a 5g

I have the same issue and I don't have any podcast subscriptions on my account I tried every possible thing from deleting cash to reinstalling to every thing the support told me to do, but still the issue persists and it's really infuriating that I can't follow up with my artists releases. Please get the devs on this.

Plan

Premium

Country

Egypt 

Device

Samsung galaxy note10 lite

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

This issue has been going on for over a month now where the notification bell icon for new release feed gives a "something went wrong, have another go?" Error, I already went over everything with support trying to fix this, from deleting cash, reinstalling, and a lot of other steps but the issue still persist and it's account related not device. I've seen the same issue being posted on the community several times recently so the issue is somewhat common.

Please get some developers to start working on this since it's a very unpleasant experience, and I can't just throw away my 4+ years account and start over.

Hi again @Leamel,

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately subscriptions cannot be transferred from one account to another so you'll have to start a new Family plan on the new account and re-invite your family once you've set it up. As for any reimbursement eligibility, Customer Support will take a closer look and give you more details.

Take care!

YordanModerator

Hey there,

Our tech team is currently working on a fix. We advise you to keep your app updated in the meantime.

Thank you all for the help and input,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I have the same problem, tried reinstalling a couple times, Country: Ukraine, semms like this problem is region specific, my friends have similar bug, until march everything was fine

I don't live anywhere near Ukraine and I'm still facing the issue, so don't think it's because of the region.

I have been following this thread since I created the post and it seems many people have this issue but there is no solution at the moment which is disappointing cause I relied on this feature and it's been dead for 4 months now.

Please update if it gets fixed either by spotify in an update or through customer support.

Spoiler

I would object this theory. I didn't subscribe to any Podcasts at all and am living in Germany. Same issue. Feature not Loading at all. Everything else seems to be working.

Section has started working. Check.

Apparently, some server settings were made. Application version 8.7.32.1554 from 19.05 Android.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your patience while we were looking into this. 

The right teams have made some changes backstage. Would you mind updating your app and letting us know if everything is working correctly?

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator

Same problem for a long time now. The error persists after cleaning cache, memory, reinstall, all of it -- the bell menu doesn't load -- version 8.7.60.422, on Android 10, SM-G965F.

Hi @kochas,

Thanks for sending these details.

Could you try logging in to another Android device (a friend's or a relative's would do) to see if you'd experience the same behavior there? You can also ask a friend or a relative who uses Spotify to log in to their account on your device and compare the results.

Keep us posted on this.

YordanModerator

Suggested posts