Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Next Song in Queue Disappears with Bluetooth

Solved!

Next Song in Queue Disappears with Bluetooth

Recently, I have noticed that when I turn on my car and connect my device via bluetooth to continue listening to my music, the next song in my queue disappears.  An example of a scenario:

1. Turn off car while listening to track 1

2. Turn car back on and connect via bluetooth (track 1 resumes)

3. Track 2 disappears from queue (track 3 now plays next)

I am using a Google Pixel XL running Android 7.1.2

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I think I may have found a solution.  While it may take longer for me to confirm, it seems clearing the app cache fixed my issue.  I guess it had been a while since I had done so.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there!

What Spotify version are you using? Also, how long has this been happening? Did it work in the past?

We'll see what we can suggest once we have this info 🙂

My current Spotify version is 8.4.4.810.  This problem has been happening for the last several months.  It seems to occur whenever I either "kill" the app from the app manager and reopen it to resume playing music later.  It also occurs whenever I go a few hours without using the app or I use enough apps in between use where the app is killed by Android.

I also realized that this occurs not only with Bluetooth, but when I want to play my music through my phone speaker or headphones as well.  If the app isn't actively running on my phone, it removes the next song on the queue whenever I resume playing music.

This has happened to me as well - both on Android (same version, 8.4.4.810) and desktop. I've explained a bit more here.

It started happening recently though, even though I had this problem in the past as well that somehow got fixed (maybe with an update?).

Marked as solution

I think I may have found a solution.  While it may take longer for me to confirm, it seems clearing the app cache fixed my issue.  I guess it had been a while since I had done so.

Tried clearing the cache on the desktop player and it doesn't seem like it worked... I will give it a try on the app though.

Suggested posts