Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Next songs in queue greyed out

Next songs in queue greyed out

Hello

Since some time, when i am using spotify connect with gramofon, the next songs on the queue are greyed, if i use connect with alexa or google home, i can tap next songs. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Oppo Reno 2

Operating System

Android 10

23 Replies

Hi there @vegadeth23,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Just to confirm, the songs that appear greyed out on the queue won't play when the current playing song ends, or they do play but you just can't manually select them?

Does the same happen when using Connect from a different device that isn't your phone to your Gramofon?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply to see what we can suggest.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi!

Just to confirm, the songs that appear greyed out on the queue won't play
when the current playing song ends, or they do play but you just can't
manually select them?

-Yes, they play, but I cant select them manually (I can with alexa, Google
home)

Does the same happen when using Connect from a different that isn't your
phone to your Gramofon?

-No, if I use it from my pc, it works, it happens only on my phone
It happens too if I use connect from my phone to stream to volumio, for
example (apart from gramofon)

I have even factory resetted my phone

Thank you!

Hey @vegadeth23,

Thanks for your quick reply and the extra info.

If possible, could you try using a different phone and let us know if the same happens?

It's also worth restarting your router by unplugging it from power for a few seconds to see if that makes any difference.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Hello

Dont have any other de ice to try...

I have reseted the router, and it still happening...

Hi again @vegadeth23,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Could you let us know when this started happening and if it was after a specific event, such as an app or OS update?

If possible, could you try using a different account, like a friend's or relative's, and let us know if this behavior persists? If you can't borrow another account, you can create a free test account using a different email here.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Hi

It happens since a lot of time, I am not sure... I will create a free account and try to use connect

Thank you! 

I created an account, and started a premium trial (if I am free user, I cant stream to gramofon) and the problem persists

Hey @vegadeth23

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

If this persists across multiple accounts when using the same device it's possible that the issue originates from the particular device setup. 

In this case it's a good idea to reach out to the manufacturer of the Oppo Reno 2 device for more info on the compatibility with Gramofon. You can contact them here.   

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

I'm having the same problem. Queue is greyed out on Android, but works fine on iPhone and Desktop (Windows 10 - up to date Spotify app). Things I've tried so far to no avail: restart app/phone/amplifier/router; Reinstall the Spotify app on Android.

My devices:

Amplifier with Spotify Connect: NAD C 338

Phone: Google Pixel 4A 5G (Android 11)

Spotify Version on Android: 8.6.42.671

Hey @cscleison,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain.

Also, could you connect your devices to a different internet network and let us know if the same behavior comes up there as well?

Keep us posted, we'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihail,

Yes, I followed that guide to clear everything before uninstalling. Didn't help unfortunately.

I don't have another WIFI router at hand to try this out. I did try with another Android device (a Motorola with Android 9) and the queue is grey as well. My guess is this isn't a network problem, because as I mentioned it's working fine on an iPhone and a Windows PC on that same WIFI network. Seems to be a problem in the Android app in general.

Is there anything else I could troubleshoot?

Hey @cscleison,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

In case you're using an SD card, you can try removing it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Sometimes the SD card can lead to issues with the cache.

If nothing changes, could you share with us a video recording of what you're seeing? We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

Here's the video

Hi @cscleison,

Thank you for sharing this video with us.

Does this issue only happen when you're connected to your NAD amplifier, or also when you're using the phone speaker? 

Also, are you able to manually play the grayed out songs or not? 

Keep us posted!

JulianModerator

It only happens when I connect to my NAD amp via Spotify Connect with Android phones. I can see the queue, but I can't click on songs or reorder. I can however add multiple songs to the queue, and these new ones I can click and sort.

What works fine (all same network):

Android Phones with same NAD amp but via the ChromeCast feature of the amplifier (which I don't want to use because Spotify Connect quality is better).

iPhone and PC connected to the amp via Spotify Connect.

Hi @cscleison,

Thank you for getting back with us. 

After examining all the info you shared with us, we believe this is a compatibility issue. 

In this case, we provide the API to enable the Connect feature. However, the way the feature is implemented can be different from device to device.

This means that the Connect feature is active and it works well on the native app, but it seems like some functionality is being limited in this particular amplifier. Due to this we suggest you contact NAD's technical support to bring this up with them. 

Let us know if you have any questions. 

Maria_BModerator

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Look, I'm a developer and I doubt this has anything to do with the amplifier.

I'm going to repeat myself again, because I didn't give you ALL this info and a video recording just to be dismissed.

It works with the amplifier via Chromecast, so the cast SDK is fine.

It works with the amplifier via Spotify Connect on iPhone and PC, so the Connect SDK in the amp is fine.

Adding songs to the queue via Spotify Connect on Android works, and these "new added songs" I can reorder. Therefore controlling a queue in Android works!

The ONLY glitch is the main queue of a playlist via Spotify Connect on Android (no matter what android version). So to me this is clearly a silly bug in the Android app.

Please forward this to the devs. I've shared plenty of infos, versions, video, scenarios of how to repro this.

Totally agree with you. In my experience, it hapens with gramofon and
Android app (no matter what version or model)
If I stream misic to gramofon from pc it works perfectly
So, the problem must be in Android app
If I stream music to chromecast or alexa from Android app, it works fine too

Hi there folks.

Thanks for the posts.

In our tests with different devices - including Chromecast, consoles and several smart speakers, from different Android phones running different Android versions, we are able to successfully modify the existing queue after establishing the connection and the playback device responds accordingly by playing the modified queue.

@cscleison, can you confirm that you can also do it on a different receiving device besides this receiver.

If that is the case, the actual API configuration on the device, rather than a general issue with the Connect function on Android, would be the reason why queue modification gets locked.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts