Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Nexus 5>>> Spotify stopped working!! Please Help!

Nexus 5>>> Spotify stopped working!! Please Help!

i have a Nexus 5 and have been a premium user for a long time.

Haven't had much problem with the app but today after update from playstore ,spotify would tell me it stopped working after i click on the icon.

I browesed most of the solutions available but Nexus doesn't have a SD card slot, appartnely its SD card is built in, which i learned from the app Es file explorer. I tried to uninstall and reinstall a couple time, did Clear data, clear cache and all that sort.

I don't have many apps on my phone and always keeps at least 50% storage available. Could somebody please help me with this issue? 

5 Replies

Hello And welcome 🙂
well have you already erstarrter your phone since The Update? Have you already tryed to install The actual apk file from other sources? I Hope this will help. If not then answer please so i will Continue My Research.

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

Thx for the quick reply.

Yes i have restarted it plently of times. I set the playstore update to automatic so whenever an app has a newer version, it will be downloaded and installed without my action. 

I tried install the app couple times from the playstore, no luck. 

I also downloaded the apk from m.spotify.com, it also didnn't work, but after i click it will just flash a bit and back to home screen, without poping the " spotify has stopped working" bubble.

Give a clean install a try, but can you follow the method in the troubleshooting guide at the top of the forum?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Well this is really weird because a reinstallation should fix this... i think.. and i also haven't found anything similar to this in the forum.

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

I tried it.

Nexus 5 doesn't have a SD card slot so i can't choose where to reinstall the app 

Suggested posts