Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please Allow to Disable Connect: Uses Mobile Data

Solved!

Please Allow to Disable Connect: Uses Mobile Data

I do not have Wi-Fi in my work office, so I leave my phone's mobile data on during the day. I would like to be able to disable Spotify Connect so that it doesn't use data when I'm only listening to it on my work computer.

It's kind of pointless for me to use it in the office... my phone is 6 inches from my desk... Might be cool at home where I have a Wi-Fi router, but because I can't disable it I have to turn off my data or log out of the app. I'd prefer not to have to log in every time I want to listen to music on my phone...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello and welcome 🙂

have you already tryed the feature "listen in offline mode" in your Settings (!) in the Playsettings (? dont know how its called in english but its the second from above) not at the playlist. It will block any internet connection from spotify to the internet and you are only avaible to listen to the songs you have synced in the offline mode :). Is that what you mean? 

p.s. i am using this feature already 🙂

i hope i helped you. if so, please leave a kudo 🙂

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello and welcome 🙂

have you already tryed the feature "listen in offline mode" in your Settings (!) in the Playsettings (? dont know how its called in english but its the second from above) not at the playlist. It will block any internet connection from spotify to the internet and you are only avaible to listen to the songs you have synced in the offline mode :). Is that what you mean? 

p.s. i am using this feature already 🙂

i hope i helped you. if so, please leave a kudo 🙂

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

( Twitter // Spotify )

Exactly what the other guy said.
There is the option to turn on/off "Offline mode".
This mode disables any computer traffics from the app and only let you listen to music which is synced to the device.
Another side note is that with no data-traffic on, it does slightly increase the battery life of your device!

The setting can be found on your phone app.

Tap at whatever icon is in the upper left corner (It warries in look but should always be the most upper-left option to press). This will open up a menu.
From there -> Settings -> Turn off/on Offline mode.
Ps. Settings menu may warry, and you'll have to go to another sub-menu "Playback".

Hope that covers all!
Cheers mate!

Thanks to @Ebithril for explaining this ;). 

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

( Twitter // Spotify )

Suggested posts