Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Internet Connection preventing playing downloaded playlist

No Internet Connection preventing playing downloaded playlist

I can't launch Spotify and play my downloaded starred playlist unless I have an internet connection.

So if I'm on 3G or wifi, I launch spotify and am able to view all playlists and play them etc. Great.

If I am on the tube or on a flight and decide I want to listen to music on my starred playlist, I can't.

I launch Spotify, select the starred playlist and it says "No internet connection" and doesn't let me view the list or play anything from it.

I've done a complete reinstall and have the same issue on my phone and tablet.

Suggestions?

6 Replies

Does it list the starred playlist in the downloaded playlists list at the top?

If not, this could be a bug related to another bug to do with playlist folders 😉

Liam

Hi, thanks for quick reply.

It does show it in the downloaded playlists section at the top.

When I lauch Spotify in aeroplane mode I can view all my playlists, downloaded or not.

I can go into each one and view the songs in them though I can only play the ones that are downloaded obviously.

Its just the starred playlist, when I click on it to view it, it sits with the "working" spinner going round and saying no internet connection and never lists the songs in the playlist.

If I then connect to the internet it displays properly as soon as it connects.

I just noticed something else strange.

Once I've connected to the internet, I can play any song on the starred list, even if I go back into aeroplane mode.

If I'm playing a song from the starred list, as long as the song is playing, I can switch over and view other playlists and switch back to the starred one and it display correctly and play songs from it.

If however, I switch to another playlist and play a song from it, I can't then switch back to the starred list without once again going online.

This sounds like a strange bug to me! I'll see about getting it reported to the community team, so they can chase it up 🙂

Liam

Thanks.

Link to the playlist in quesion is:

http://open.spotify.com/user/airchie/starred

This looks similar to the issues in this thread.

Thanks, did a "me too" on that thread and posted a link here. 🙂

Suggested posts