Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Way To Clear Cache With New App Update???

No Way To Clear Cache With New App Update???

Hey Everyone,

I just downloaded the new update from Spotify and noticed their is no longer an option to Clear Your Cache. That feature is needed especially if you do a lot of offline playlist. Is there a new way to clear the cache or is this being added soon?

What the heck, Also sent a few messages to Customer Service and never heard back.

Josh

7 Replies

Josh -

I've just taken a look for your email address on our contact system, and a couple of our advisors have sent messages over to you. You might want to take a look at your junk / spam email filter to see if they appeared there by mistake.

In regards to the Clear Cache function in the Android version, this is currently not in the latest version. We have heard the feedback on this, and are informing this our product development team.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hmmm, I checked with my email system and it turns out you guys are sending to my facebook email which I don' t have access to anymore.

How can I change my email with your system to put a address I can receive info at.

Also, how do I login to my spotify details without the Facebook Login. I don't want to login using facebook and would perfer to login using my spotify details but I have no clue what my Spotify username and password would be. I personally dont like the facebook feature so would like to login without it. Any help would be great.

Thanks for the feedback on the clear cache button as well. Hoping you guys get a clear cache for the Ipad 2 as well. I love your service though.

Thanks

You can change your email attached to your account on your profile page right here - https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

As your Spotify account was created through Facebook, that would need to be active in order to use Spotify.

Airhorn Enthusiast

I just found out it was taking close 1GB on my SGS3 as well.  

So I decided to manually go in and delete all the darn cache.

If anyone want to know where to look for their Spotify cache on Android its located here (just incase it wasn't already posted)

/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/cache/Storage/

Just empty the content of that folder.

Hopefully they add this feature or at least give us the user to define how much cache to use.  AND WHERE to use it... like on the /extSdCard

And what about IOS? 🙂 

Please advice. I do not want to clear all my downloaded content but I want to select what to throw out.

Hey @Marina58,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

If you want to remove only certain songs you can take them them out of the downloaded playlist. Alternatively, you can disable the download option for a specific playlist and activate it for another. This page hast detailed instructions on how to do this. 

Should you want to clear all your downloaded content, we suggest you do a clean re-installation of the app. This way all the Spotify files in the cache of your device get removed. Not only does this clear all your downloaded songs, but also helps the app run more smoothly :). You can look up the specific steps how to do this here

Hope this helps! If you have further questions we'd be glad to sort them out.

Have a wonderful day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts