Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No interaction, Spotify opens and plays, Android version 8.0, Galaxy J7

No interaction, Spotify opens and plays, Android version 8.0, Galaxy J7

Hello Spotify, I do have several issues with you guys in general, but lets stick to this pressing issue: I've seen this happening to people with all android systems and devices. Spotify will open, in some way, and start playing music without them having done anything to allow it. This is now happening to me, and has been happening about two to three times a week. I will have closed the app, but if I remain connected to bluetooth, the now playing notification pops up, and I start hearing my music, right where I left off or on the next song, usually an hour or two after I've stopped listening. I have my music loud, because I enjoy feeling it. So when this happens, especially just before bed, I get very startled. I have PTSD! I don't need that **bleep**! I'm sure all the veterans out there dealing with PTSD don't need this bug either! FIX IT! If not for the billions of people who freakin pay you a hundred bucks a year, and are your paychecks, then do it for the people who risk and give their lives to allow you to operate like this here in the US, giving you access to 350 million people. I think we can all agree that it would be entirely unethical for this bug to remain, seeing as how it can trigger a severe flashback in combat vets. This not only risks their lives, but the lives of others as well.
5 Replies

Hey @MarcusMitchell.

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you think someone might be messing with your account, be sure to change both your Spotify password and your Facebook password. Then, log out everywhere on your Spotify account page and your Facebook profile.

If this didn't help, or it did but your account has been messed with, take a look at this article. There you'll find additional help 🙂

Hope this will solve the issue! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Ehhhh, did you read the person's problem? They're not reporting their account being "taken over", they're reporting it starting playing at odd times. Many people have the same problem.

Yes, and only when connected to bluetooth. This seems to be the only consistency.

Unfortunately mine starts randomly even when I have Bluetooth disabled and have blocked connecting to other devices (which is also v annoying to have to do.) In any case my other problem, of no new Daily Mixes on my phone for several weeks (they're updating daily on the web player and desktop app, just not on my phone.. which is where I need it!), means I haven't been able to use Spotify for weeks. Ugh.

Your article is not even relevant to this issue Guido, nor is your post. However, the issue seems to have been fixed for me at least. No solution here without involving the devs.

Suggested posts